Callon Petroleum Company is an independent oil and natural gas company focused on growing production and reserves from our oil-weighted, multi-play, multi-pay assets in the Permian and Eagle Ford Basin.
Our people are passionate and innovative, shape our understanding of what is possible and challenge us to consider new ideas. If you are looking for a rewarding career in a highly-collaborative, fast-paced, fully empowered environment, Callon is where you belong!
The Sr Project Manager will work in a team that is the primary interface between business units and IT. If you have knowledge of Project Management and Delivery, are curious, proactive, and get excited when projects go Live successfully, then you belong on our team. You will be helping manage and help teams successfully deploy projects and solutions for diverse business groups from day one.
- Facilitate the management of projects using an Kanban/Agile/Scrum based development process but be also familiar with Waterfall based approach
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis and effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Track project milestones, budget and deliverables. Develop and deliver status reports and other project documentation
- Facilitate meetings with business users, gather detailed meeting notes in a high quality, clear and concise manner, document processes as an Agile Story, generate workflows diagrams
- Identify and resolve issues, conflicts, and blockers within the project team. Proactively update management of any such impediments to project success
- Identify and manage external project dependencies and critical path
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Create Test Documentation including test plans, test scripts as needed by working closely with business groups and business analysts
- Become familiar with SOX controls and ensure project delivery adheres to implementation and IT general controls
- Facilitate project post-mortems and create recommendations reports to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Develop and maintain best practices and tools for project execution and management and establish and continue improvement of project management processes, methodology and templates
- Manage overall enterprise project portfolio and multiple projects
- Actively shares knowledge and provide framework and training for Project Management across the IT department
- Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of strong experience managing Projects in a fast-paced environment
- This is a user facing role, must be a strong communicator and be able to manage user requests and issues in a calm, friendly and effective manner
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and organized with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong work ethic and personal integrity and exhibit strong ownership.
- Ability to lead projects with limited supervision
- (Plus) Prior experience working with Energy, Upstream, Midstream or Downstream is a plus but not required
- (Plus) Scrum Master, PMP and/or other Project Management Certifications
Benefits of joining Callon
We, at Callon Petroleum, are proud to have been recognized as a top workplace by the Houston Chronical four years in a row - 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020. Because we hire the best people, we work hard to provide a total rewards program that focuses on our employees' goals and needs. We offer competitive, performance-based compensation packages and best-in-class benefit program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.