|BE PART OF SOMETHING REAL|
American Eagle Outfitters made two key acquisitions in 2021: AirTerra and Quiet Logistics. These acquisitions are very strategic and usually uncommon for a brand company like ours - but then we do not want to be yet another brand company. As supply chains become more constrained, AEO would like to be at the fore-front of providing supply chain solutions that benefit not only us, but many other small and medium sized brands. With scale, not only can we control our supply chain better, we can provide far superior services to our partners that participate in our ecosystem. These services will combine fulfillment and last mile. The end result is a mutually beneficial arrangement that enables localized (edge) operations that help brands provide superior services to their customers at a lower cost. To support our edge operations concept, we are in the process of building technology platforms rooted in algorithms and intelligent decision making. These will range from building commerce hubs to customer insights to vehicle routing. As a product owner, you will be defining the capabilities we need, partner with engineering to build the roadmap and lead the delivery and implementation of those capabilities.
Your responsibilities include:
- Understand existing product capabilities in the areas of flow, fulfillment and last mile
- Do market research to learn and benchmark against what solutions are available; both vendors and in-house
- Define product roadmaps
- Partner with engineering to drive product development
- Lead implementation and adoption of the product
- Drive product management rigor in the organization
- Own and drive product analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science; masters preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in supply chain related product management roles. Retail with omni-channel experience preferred
- Prior experience strategizing, defining, building and deploying products. Setting product goal, success criteria and KPIs for success.
- Demonstrated ability working with data, performing analysis and converting the analysis to actionable insights.
- Demonstrating customer empathy, gathering customer insights to make decisions. End to end experience from discovery to go-to-market.
- Familiarity with Agile, working with Engg, UX, data teams to execute and deliver results. Formulating business hypothesis and conducting AB tests.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple work-streams in parallel
- Understanding of supply chain concepts such as inventory, transportation, fulfillment and forecasting
- Strong communication including written/verbal; experience presenting to large audiences including top leadership
- Ability to build trust and effectively influence at all levels of the organization
- Willingness to travel to fulfillment and sortation centers to gain field experience and understanding of operations
AEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity ("EEO") laws. AEO prohibits discrimination against associates and applicants for employment because of the individual's race or color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or partnership status, domestic violence or stalking victim status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This applies to all AEO activities, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, performance evaluation, discipline and discharge. AEO also provides reasonable accommodation of religion and disability in accordance with applicable law.