Our Mission at Chewy is to be the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents and partners everywhere. We are obsessed with meeting the needs of pets and pet parents and exceeding customer expectations through every interaction. The Marketing Science and Operations team is focused on creating new capabilities and enhancing existing ones that will redefine the state of Marketing Technology thereby helping our marketers reach and engage with new customers and continue to serve existing customers in industry leading fashion. Join us to be part of an exciting journey in a fast growing and innovative team to bring the vision to life.
The Technical Product Manager, Mobile & Instrumentation role will play a pivotal role managing the tagging, tracking and identity foundation required to help measure and scale our marketing programs to drive long term customer value.
In this role you will:
- Manage the relationship with our mobile measurement partners (e.g. AppsFlyer).
- Assess and address the impact of any privacy and mobile app tracking changes (such as Apple App Tracking Transparency) on our data pipelines, reporting and downstream metrics.
- Implement Server-to-Server (S2S) tracking for key performance marketing partner platforms.
- Lead initiatives to drive Cross-device tracking and instrumentation (both on web and in-app) for marketing purposes
- Work with design, engineering, App and Web product owners to ensure that Marketing data is preserved throughout the user flow and available for performance measurement.
- Manage Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and future instrumentation for attribution and analytics technologies within our marketing technology stack.
- Own implementation of cookie consent tool and 3rd party pixels consuming conversion signals
- Champion marketing implications of large scale changes such as cross domain tracking, mobile app hybridization, single-page applications, and deep linking.
What you'll do:
- Lead and implement integrations with external partners to ensure data flow and accurate instrumentation.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team of product managers, engineers, analysts, and finance to play a key role in delivering product roadmap items.
- Work closely with the Native Mobile Application team in better understanding their product roadmap and its impact on the marketing systems and drive to implement the necessary changes
- Engage with Engineering leaders to solve data, infrastructure, and scalability challenges across Marketing Technology.
- Engage and lead conversations with partner teams across Chewy to understand marketing implications of the various activities on Marketing technology stack and translate those conversations into requirements for the marketing engineering team.
- Drive adoption, communicate & showcase new features added to products in your portfolio.
- Exhibit a strong sense of ownership, bias for action, & superior communication skills; be willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering, or similar discipline
- 5+ years in product management in an engineering or business capacity
- 3+ years of Marketing Technology experience including, and not limited to various marketing analytics systems such as Google Analytics, Twillio Segment, AppsFlyer etc.
- Deep understanding of mobile app analytics and ability to translate that into reports and scorecards will serve both the operating team (managing daily campaign operations) as well as marketing leadership.
- Understanding of deep linking and its implications on attribution, reporting, optimization with media platforms (Google Ads, Meta, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with SQL- other coding a plus- and Tableau or similar visualization tools
- Experience developing short and long-term product strategy, strong product management skills, defining and prioritizing product roadmap, defining detailed product requirements, building, and leading cross-functional teams, and working at a fast pace to deliver results
- Proven track record of managing and executing large projects from start to finish, identifying and mitigating risks, manage multiple competing priorities, high attention to detail and situational fluency, ability to influence and motivate others, and perseverance to handle challenging business situations and make trade-offs at all levels of management
- Strong ownership, urgency, and drive, to build a culture of experimentation, learning and innovation
- Experience creating technical documentation and specifications that will aid in the development and improvement of the existing technology stack
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in an agile software development environment leveraging Scrum; track record of building productive relationships with engineering leadership
- Ability to speak technical jargon with the engineers and the ability to break it down to simple language for executives and others without a technical background.
- Knowledge of Performance Marketing and Brand Marketing KPIs
- Ability to keep up with the change in mobile technology trends and identify the implications for the marketing tech stack
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact CAAR@chewy.com.
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact HR@chewy.com.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.