Sr. Product Engineer
Job ID: 49336571
Build a Meaningful Career and Transform Healthcare with Cognizant TriZetto
When you join Cognizant’s TriZetto Product House you not only touch the future but you shape the next generation of Healthcare. Come be part of a culture that Innovates through hackathons, Celebrates through numerous rewards and recognition programs, and Recreates through various flexible workforce benefits supporting a healthy work/life balance. Apply today and begin building a meaningful career that matters.
Elements team, TriZetto Product Division at Cognizant Healthcare delivers products for the government healthcare sector. Join us in our mission to provide information solutions that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the business of healthcare.
We always think how we can bring value to our clients! We are looking for likeminded engineers to join us as we scale our operations. Please read about our core values and see if you are a fit for our culture: https://www.cognizant.com/about-cognizant/culture-and-values
Job Title: Sr. Product Engineer
Role: Individual Contributor
- Set the implementation and design of our ETL processes, set standards and practices, and help our team to follow.
- Build and manage Warehouse and Data Analytics.
- Set modernize solution for Data Access and Reports for our clients.
- Hands on contribution to ensure database code meets company standards for readability, reliability, and performance.
- Monitor and improvement of most resource-intensive queries
- Manage Database structure (using DacPac) including indexes design.
- Code reviews of developer’s changes to database.
- help developers improve the performance of that query by tweaking it or modifying indexes
- Conduct Knowledge transfer about best practice for developers.
- Help with scaling the product and convert legacy code to utilize latest SQL features
- Support BI development, SSRS & SSRRS
- Help with design, implementation, and maintenance of data between operational, warehouse, and staging databases
- Act as DBA cross scrum teams, SQL Expert representation of the team in management meetings, and responsibility of code quality of the software.
- Assist in R&D activities, risk assessment and mitigation activities.
Education: BS in Computer Science or related major, Masters preferred
- Data engineer, BI Engineer, or equal level.
- 2 or more years of experience writing and improving SQL Server T-SQL queries.
- 2 or more years of experience building and managing Warehouse, and building Analytics.
- Writing SSRS reports, and ETL processes using SSIS for at least a year
- Know how to designing tables and picking datatypes, indexes and triggers.
- Using Profiler traces and other tools to find the most frequently run queries and identify performance bottlenecks
- Know how to scale SQL database using partitioning, indexes, etc.
- Working in Scrum Agile team
- Product oriented
- Understand and empathize with others
- Quick critical thinking skills to analyze a situation and organize and guide teams to solve problems
- Always learning and sharing with teams and team members
Preferred domain experience:
A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related major is required, Masters preferred
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Jul 22 2022
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.