Systems, LLC, in Germantown, WI is a leader in the design and manufacture of loading dock equipment. We have a newly created opportunity for a self-motivated individual with strong engineering knowledge to join our team!
The Senior Product Development Mechanical Engineer is primarily involved in the project management, development or improvement of our products or designs. Work may include creation of previously non-existent products or modification of existing products, including product line extensions. The position will also be involved in lab and offsite testing.
What You'll Do:
- Develops thorough understanding of company products and product applications.
- Contributes to the development of new products and product extensions
- Uses project management tools and techniques to monitor, track, progress, and see projects through to completion.
- Uses AutoCAD for architectural layouts; uses Autodesk Inventor to design product models.
- Uses and understands hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Problem-solves manufacturing issues and redesigns models as necessary. Makes recommendations and executes improvements in processes.
- Selects and tests materials and components that will be suitable for the product.
- Responds to customer requests for particular products or designs
- Conceptualizes, develops prototypes, tests, and validates designs
- Applies engineering principles and concepts to the design process for various products
- Communicates with other departments regarding introduction of new parts or processes and new product development.
- Identifies and manages Engineering Change Process ECN's for product releases and improvements.
- Works independently; manages and tracks special projects
- In addition to engineering software, uses enterprise software (TCM), as well as productivity software such as Microsoft Office etc.-- spreadsheets, databases, word processing applications, email, Internet, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Related experience in a manufacturing setting with knowledge in structural and hydraulic design.
- Metal fabrication and welding experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD, or other equivalent CAD software programs, such as Solidworks or Creo.
We provide competitive pay and benefits, work-life balance and a great team environment in convenient Germantown!
Benefits include: Health insurance (HSA and HRA), dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, generous 401(k) match, FSA, paid holidays, PTO plan and Parental Leave Benefit.
Learn about us:
Systems, LLC in Germantown, is a leader in the design and manufacture of loading dock equipment. Our company's 60 year history demonstrates our success in the industry and our commitment to safety, quality, innovation, and customer satisfaction. Systems, LLC. has state of the art manufacturing centers located in Germantown, Wisconsin and Malvern, Arkansas; it has employees located in every region of the nation; and it has customers located worldwide. We proudly utilize lean manufacturing techniques to produce the finest dock levelers, truck restraints, and specialty dock equipment all under the "Made in America" label.
Check us out at www.Loadingdocksystems.com
Check out our quality -- see our new video of Systems manufacturing in Germantown, WI.
#ISJ >>> #ZR