DMC Harper University Hospital has distinguished itself in surgery and medicine and is known for its clinical expertise and innovative research. A specialty referral hospital, Harper has established Centers of Excellence in neurosciences, bariatric surgery, vascular services, multidisciplinary cardiovascular services, hypertension, stroke prevention and heart failure.
Under moderate supervision and according to established policies and procedures, assists in coordinating the technician operations of the department and performs the duties of a Pharmacy Technician, as needed.
- Assists the Lead Pharmacist or designee in designing, coordinating and implementing high quality and cost effective pharmacy technician services.
- Monitors effectiveness of technician services and related policies/procedures and recommends changes, as needed.
- Provides oversight and direction to technicians, as needed.
- Provides orientation/training to new employees; provides updated information regarding changes in policies/procedures; provides continuing education in-services to employees.
- Maintains necessary record-keeping and training documentation pertinent to areas of responsibility.
- Inspects assigned area(s) on a monthly basis for proper storage and labeling of medications and expired medications; completes necessary inspection documentation.
- Promotes sense of team effort together with pharmacists and technicians.
- Assists in identifying/researching problems and issues related to department budget and patient billing.
- Performs the duties of a Pharmacy Technician. Attends educational seminars/in-services to maintain or enhance skills and competencies.
- Adheres to pharmacy policies, procedures, and objectives; maintains a professional appearance and a clean, safe environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. One to three years of pharmacy experience.
3. Certification is preferred.
4. Licensed as a Pharmacy Technician in the State of Michigan by 10/1/15.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.