Performs engineering assignments specific to machine and process automation utilizing controls tools and knowledge. Will focus on both existing and new machines and processes. Analyze needs and create controls strategies to meet design needs. Realize effective systems for rotating equipment, combustion, temperature, flow/pressure, level, batch, and coordinated control systems. Investigate controls problems to identify root cause and design or apply corrective actions to permanently correct. Analyze plant processes, design and implement improvements.
REQUIRED knowledge/skills/abilities and other minimum qualifications:
* Require minimum of BS in electrical engineering or electrical engineering technology. Other degrees with emphasis on control systems, automation, or related technologies will be considered with demonstrated experience.
* 5+ years experience in controls design and implementation
* Highly organized and structured approach to system design, documentation, and project organization.
* Project management experience (complete project life cycle, scope, budget, schedule preparation and management).
* High degree of proficiency in at least four of the following technologies:
* Rockwell products (RSLogix5000, RSSql, function block programming)
* Omron (CX programmer, CX Designer)
* Siemens (S7)
* AC motor inverters (ABB, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Lenz)
* Loop controllers (Honeywell, Red Lion)
* Load/update firmware on devices
* Embedded controllers (C++, VB, control programming
* SQL database design
* Fieldbus communications and protocols (Profibus, DeviceNet, CAN bus)
* Experience with network protocol and physical system configuration, operation, and troubleshooting
* Experience and working knowledge of transaction management, HMI, and SCADA platforms such as RSsql, RSView, Indusoft/Ignition, Kepware, Wonderware and similar
* Good understanding on IT connectivity Protocols
* Expert understanding of ladder logic, I/O, and network communication
* Responsible for programming and deploying PLC logic, HMI, sensors, and other types of electronic devices on the process line.
* Mechanical-electrical system characterization, modelling, and translation into controls algorithms.
* Demonstrated use of data analysis to troubleshoot and correct control systems operation.
* Ability to create electrical schematics in AutoCAD and supporting documentation for system quoting, construction, installation, and post commissioning as-built documentation.
* Ability to use hands-on tools such as oscilloscope, digital multi-meter, portable data acquisition, and similar transducers for process measurement, testing, and troubleshooting.
* Knowledgeable on NEC code and NFPA-70E and Arc Flash requirements.
* Strong cause-effect analytical abilities to solve problems.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
* Ability to explain moderately complex information to others in concise manner
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Source : Superior Essex