Senior Associate, Senior Software Java Engineer
Naperville, Illinois, United States or Remote
Job ID: 50413271
Build a Meaningful Career and Transform Healthcare with Cognizant TriZetto
When you join Cognizant’s TriZetto Product House you not only touch the future but you shape the next generation of Healthcare. Come be part of a culture that Innovates through hackathons, Celebrates through numerous rewards and recognition programs, and Recreates through various flexible workforce benefits supporting a healthy work/life balance. Apply today and begin building a meaningful career that matters.
This is a full-time position on a product development team. Our software engineers are problem solvers with curious minds and a passion for writing code. They work with industry and product design experts to address the complex challenges of healthcare. As a software engineer, you will be primarily responsible for analyzing requirements, writing and testing code, researching, designing, troubleshooting and improving software products and services.
Job Title: Senior Software Java Engineer
Role: Internal Facing Role
- Write code and participate in code reviews
- Troubleshoot issues and participate in root cause analysis
- Take ownership and be accountable for assigned work
- Look for ways to refactor and improve code
- Actively engage and contribute to grooming product features
- Collaborate and interact effectively within a team
- Provide constructive feedback for process improvements
Education: BS in Computer Science or related major. An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be taken into consideration in lieu of a degree.
• 5+ years of experience in software development
• Possess strong ability to tackle complex problems creatively and provide technical analysis
- Programming experience with Java EE
- An understanding of object oriented programming
- Structured Query Language and relational database modeling
- Understanding of continuous integration development practice
• Agile Scrum and/or Scaled Agile experience (SAFe)
- Git, TFS or other similar source control tools
- Spring, Hibernate frameworks
- Microsoft Azure and other cloud technologies
• Collaborate and interact effectively and harmoniously with the team
- Be engaged and actively contribute to planning and continuous improvement discussions
• Critical thinking skills to analyze a situation and estimate effort
• Always learning and sharing with team members
- Manage time efficiently to prioritize and accomplish work tasks
Employee Status: Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively discussions, creativity, productivity, and helps us build better solutions for our clients. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is inspired to craft meaningful solutions through true collaboration.
If you are content with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we’d love to hear from you!
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Sep 05 2022
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.