Sr Java Software Engineer
Naperville, Illinois or Phoenix, Arizona
Hybrid - 2 to 3 days per week in office
Job ID: 50386801
Build a Meaningful Career and Transform Healthcare with Cognizant TriZetto
When you join Cognizant’s TriZetto Product House you not only touch the future but you shape the next generation of Healthcare. Come be part of a culture that Innovates through hackathons, Celebrates through numerous rewards and recognition programs, and Recreates through various flexible workforce benefits supporting a healthy work/life balance. Apply today and begin building a meaningful career that matters.
As an Senior Software Engineer at Cognizant you will be responsible for designing and developing fully functional software products catering to healthcare. The goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
Job Title: Senior Associate, Senior Software Engineer
Role: Senior Java Software Engineer
- Understand software product functional/nonfunctional requirements. Provide estimation for various unit development needed for requirements.
- Create high/low level design document.
- Develop complex features and unit test cases. Execute unit test cases and prepare release document in line with the requirements.
- Train and develop team members with the objective of ensuring high quality of the deliverables within the guidelines policies and norms of Cognizant.
- Provide strategic technical direction for product research design analysis testing process improvement and complex troubleshooting for critical and large projects.
- Provide technical expertise to resolve challenging programming and design problems.
- Participate in architecture / code reviews and eliminate implementation problems early in development cycle.
- Identify ways to improve or reduce the defects. Support the clients in user acceptance testing if required.
- Provide inputs on the status of the module development to the development lead.
- Review Test Cases / Test Plan; Conduct Integration testing and resolve defects/bugs during QA Testing Alpha Release Beta Release Post Release patches.
Education: BS in Computer Science or related major, Masters preferred
• 8+ years of experience in Software Design and development
• 4+ years of experience in Agile/Scrum methedologies
• Possess strong ability to tackle complex problems
• Team player and works well in large group environments
• Highly driven and motivated with a high level of initiative
• Prior experience as Full stack developer
• Understand and empathize with others
• Coach people through powerful questions rather than use of authority
• Expert technical skills
• Quick critical thinking skills to analyze a situation and organize and guide teams to solve problems
• Always learning and sharing with teams and team members
• Java, Spring Boot, Microservices, Rest, Maven
• Mongo/Cosmos DB or any other no SQL Database
• CI / CD pipeline, Devops
• IAM related skills such oauth, openid connect is a plus
Employee Status: Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively discussions, creativity, productivity, and helps us build better solutions for our clients. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is inspired to craft meaningful solutions through true collaboration.
If you are content with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we’d love to hear from you!
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Sep 02 2022
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.