Pacira BioSciences, Inc. is a leading provider of non-opioid pain management and regenerative health solutions dedicated to improving outcomes for health care practitioners and their patients.
Each of our 3 marketed products, both in pharmaceutical and medical device, represent cutting edge technologies for pain management.
We have 700+ employees and have averaged double digit growth year over year for the past 5 years, with $500M in revenue. We are small enough for you to make your mark, and big enough for you to learn and grow!
We have facilities in New Jersey, California and Florida.. Our San Diego, CA campus is a world class manufacturing and R&D facility. We are rapidly growing and have opportunities across all of our sites and functional areas.
Why work with us?
Rarely do you have an opportunity to do work that really matters. What drives us is our mission. What makes us successful are our people. At Pacira, you are part of an inclusive culture that fosters collaboration, growth, and innovative thinking – a place where you can make an impact and help change the standard of care in non-opioid pain management. Be part of our movement, let’s pursue excellence together.
- Supervise external consulting engineers; provide facility equipment and utilities overview and review drawings and documents produced by these groups.
- Review and provide input on facility systems, equipment, and process utilities designs of new and existing manufacturing facility projects. This includes design drawings such as P&IDs detailing line sizing, instrumentation and control philosophies and project specifications.
- Research and draft expense costs and capital project budgets and timelines of each for inclusion in site planning. Execute project against approved budget and timeline.
- On small projects directly contract and supervise sub-contracting trades in the design and installation of facility and clean utility systems.
- On large project interact with a General Contractor supporting on design, build out, and startup of facility and clean utility systems.
- Serve as BMS (Building Management System) SME (Subject Matter Expert). Use this expertise to lead technical troubleshooting and investigations for HVAC and other plant control issues, including differential pressure balance and temperature control. This roll requires close collaboration with maintenance, operations, and quality departments.
- Maintain facilities departmental GMP compliance by leading technical troubleshooting and write up of facilities department investigations, deviations, and CAPAs managed through the Master Control Software System.
- Author new and update existing controlled drawings and SOPs as required by engineering projects, CAPAs, and corrections identified during maintenance and general system walk downs.
- Interact with vendors and participate in the vendor selection process. Review and approve vendor information packages, including drawings and specifications and proposals. Perform factory inspections of vendor-supplied equipment, to ensure the construction and performance meets specifications.
- Act as SME on selected utility systems, based on incumbents past history.
- Assess current facility equipment and utilities, recommend and execute changes to optimize process by improving production, ease of operation, and reducing equipment down-time.
- Assist in the maintenance of the existing engineering libraries which include drawings, equipment TOPs, specifications, and utility capacity schedules.
- BS degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university (Chemical/Mechanical/Electrical), or applicable experience.
- 8+ years applicable equipment, plant utility, clean utility, and process system experience with exposure to design and installation.
- 8+ years in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Thorough knowledge of the operation and design of pharmaceutical utilities, with understanding of HVAC systems. Knowledge of WFI and Clean Steam systems is a benefit.
- Thorough knowledge of pharmaceutical support utility systems such as central plant chilled water systems and plant steam.
- Thorough knowledge of cGMP guidelines with experience in generation of controlled documents such as PM and Operation SOPs for equipment and utility systems.
- Experience working with and directing general contractors and sub-contractor trades (e.g. mechanical and electrical).
- Experience in equipment start-up and validation.
- Good organizational and time utilization skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to interact well with a variety of personalities, craft skills and education levels.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems (pumps, valves, materials).
- Knowledge of process controls to enhance troubleshooting abilities and to future designs.