WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Senior Database Administrator is a member of the Database Administrator team and is responsible for all functions associated with the physical implementation, operation, and maintenance of database environments. Plans, coordinates, administers, and maintains databases. Responsibilities include: planning, documentation, operations, security, and contingency planning. Ensures database recovery, maintenance, and capacity for physical database are met through formulations and monitoring of policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management. Analyzes, tests, evaluates, and implements physical database performance and capacity and tunes the system for efficient performance. Provides technical guidance and assistance in the development and implementation of database systems. Provides a high degree of coordination between colleagues, technical staff, and applications developers to ensure effective data management and meets business objectives.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Plan, physical design and implement databases including capacity planning, data archival and backups per established CNB database standards.
* Manage the existing enterprise databases maintenance tasks including backups, performance tuning, schema changes etc.
* Creates, develops, and reviews the physical model created from the logical model. Ensures that the physical design and database structures comply with CNB standards and conventions. Audits and quality controls database permissions to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
* Designs, develops, maintains, and executes scripts. Monitors execution of the loads and resolves operational or other technical issues when necessary. Monitor system growth and perform resource and capacity planning for databases. Patches databases as per patching guidelines
* Participates in all DR exercises and ensures all related documentation is up to date
* Works closely with infrastructure team to help design infrastructure requirements for the databases to ensure high database resilience in production and recoverability in a DR environment.
* Recommends and establishes standards, guidelines, and procedures for all aspects of physical database design and maintenance.
* Administers and controls activities related to database planning and operations. Establishes procedures and standards pertaining to data management, security, maintenance, utilization, and backup/recovery.
* Identifies and eliminates manual processes by utilizing available tools to automate, for example creation of databases and patching
* Works closely with information security to ensure all databases conform to TSS standards.
* All other appropriate duties as required.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
* Minimum 7 years of IT experience
* Minimum 5 years experience in database design, administration, programming, and support of at least one industry standard database platform
Skills and Knowledge
* Strong knowledge of Unix
* Strong knowledge of programming and scripting tools such as Unix Shell, Powershell etc.
* Strong knowledge of enterprise storage solutions
Starting base salary: $119,012 - $154,574 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City: In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Source : City National Bank