Sr Cybersecurity Engineer
The Sr Cybersecurity Engineer will be an owner in engineering and architecture level initiatives. They will also need to consult and partner with internal technical staff. This is a hands-on position responsible for helping develop growing enterprise-wide security programs; identifying, and reporting incidents; and leading team initiatives.
An ideal candidate will have a deep background in Systems and/or Network engineering. Someone who maybe started on an IT help desk, moved up to an Jr systems/network engineer, grew to Sr levels, and are looking to pivot into Cybersecurity. The perfect candidate will have spent years working with Active Directory, in Windows based environments, and have some basic network security experience.
- Lead Cybersecurity program level initiatives and related tools implementation
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files, databases, cloud services, and transmissions against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Oversee patching and endpoint policy compliance.
- Monitor vulnerability management and drive remediation efforts.
- Recommend process and program improvements to enhance organizational security and compliance.
- Evaluate emerging technologies to meet business requirements.
- Monitor and enforce security policies and best practices.
- Develop and enforce Identity Management and Governance policies
- Maintain compliance and exceptions to information security policies, standards, and procedures.
- Strong interest in developing a Cybersecurity/Infosec skillset
- Deep knowledge of Active Directory and Azure AD
- Deep knowledge of Azure and Microsoft 365 solutions, including both infrastructure and security components.
- Deep knowledge of Windows based server networks.
- Basic understanding of Networks and Network Security (Cisco, Palo Alto, Azure Networks)
- Dabbled with Linux/Unix (RHEL, Kali)
- Basic understanding of email systems and mail security (Exchange Online, Mimecast)
- Basic understanding of system management tools (SCCM, InTune, JAMF)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize assignments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to compartmentalize sensitive information
- Preferred candidates will have: Microsoft certs, Azure certs, Security +, and/or are contemplating CySA+, CEH, CISSP. (note, certs are not required)
- 5+ years in a Systems/Network engineer role
- BS/BA/Associates or relevant field experience
Source : BravoTech