Please note that this position requires a CURRENT DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Database Administrator with Active Directory experiences Administrator to support and maintain SIPRNet Modernization team Microsoft SQL database servers. The DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. This position is in support of a 24/7/365 Enterprise Management Center, which will require some shift work.
- Performs duties as assigned by the Operations Manager
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24/7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience with SQL 2008,2012 and 2016 in both standalone and clustering
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Microsoft Technology Specialist (MCTS), Microsoft Information Technology Professional (MCITP), and/or Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) certifications
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Certification
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to effectively interact with customers
- High School Diploma or equivalent; may hold 2-year post high school degree (technical field); may hold bachelor’s degree
- Required to have 5 years of experience working in an enterprise environment within a large multi-platform data center
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- Must have a CURRENT DoD Secret Clearance.