Solutions SME – DevSecOps/Cloud
Clearance Required: Secret Clearance
Location: Herndon, VA/Northern Virginia Area/Partial Telework (currently 100% telework)
The DevSecOps/Cloud Solutions Subject Mater Expert (SME) develops solutions and concepts for the growing enterprise systems development needs of our customers with a focus on DevSecOps in a cloud or hybrid cloud environment. You will drive collaboration and partnerships for bringing Foxhole innovation and strategies to both our US Federal and Commercial clients. This SME will capture requirements, prototype, deliver recommendations, suggest integration and deployment strategies, with an emphasis on both on/off premise and hybrid cloud enterprises.
The person filling this position should possess subject matter expertise as it relates to secured application and systems development and delivery on cloud-based platforms. They should be knowledgeable in DevSecOps processes, development and testing optimization tools and techniques, as well as have in-depth understanding of cloud enterprise, distributed network topologies, and database connectivity. This position will, in conjunction with stakeholders and other in-house technical resources, work independently to identify and deliver innovative security-based development infrastructure environments (dev/test/pre-prod/prod) and solutions that enable complementary technologies to function in a secure infrastructure and environment.
The ideal candidate will work closely with other engineers and product owners to advise overall technical solutions while serving as the chief architect/technical advisor for application/systems development and our commercial partnerships.
Successful candidates will be well versed in the continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline and automated testing and possess strong technical leadership and collaboration skills to deliver results for customers through production and dissemination of infrastructure designs and architecture, and the development of new tools and approaches to automate testing and DevSecOps activity.Job Description:
- Assist in the design and implementation of environments for systems/app development and tools, recommending technology, process, and skill improvements to support client enterprise development projects. Strong working knowledge and experience supporting DevSecOps and test automation is desired.
- Work closely with system engineers and stakeholders to understand existing requirements, elicit new requirements, and to design, and implement application and data solutions to meet business objectives, IT strategic initiatives, corporate and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for the engineering, design, implementation, maintenance, analysis, and administration of development/test/pre-production/production cloud environments including integration of hybrid on premises and cloud environments
- Participate in and lead projects for infrastructure requirements, network design reviews, and security testing for network, systems, and other IT teams
- Evaluate new technologies and emerging threats and provide recommendations to strengthen information security environment
- Lead security accreditation activities for new Cloud-based applications
- Provide analytical and technical recommendations to other team members and other users
- Conduct research and make recommendations on development and testing tools, protocols, services, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Proven track record providing consulting services to C-Suite, and Executive leadership on systems architectures and designs of applications within distributed computing networks, data networks, network simulation, and tactical networks
- Provide recommendations on network architectures and solutions based on technical performance assessments.
- Proactively support program management on multiple projects and facilitate technical working groups
- Drive innovation in our internal labs for cloud and supporting technologies
- 10+ years of general IT experience with 8 years of system/app development focus in US Federal agencies
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology discipline or 8 years of relevant IT experience
- Experience supporting Azure, AWS, and other Cloud Service Provider (CSP) platforms
- Have advanced knowledge and experience with network technologies
- Proficient with network tools such as Kali Linux, AWS Management Console, and general O/S related firewall technologies
- Extensive level of experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and other server class operating systems
- Experience with virtualization technologies, such as VMWare, Xen, Proxmox, etc.
- Experience in building, deploying, and supporting complex systems/applications and associated infrastructures either cloud deployed or on customer premises.
- Experience incorporating security controls into development, delivery, and operational processes (DevSecOps)
- Experience with database connectivity and able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Outstanding communication verbal and written skills
- Strong background reviewing and analyzing new systems (hardware and software) and providing recommendations concerning their security
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must possess AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional certification of be able to obtain within 150 days of employment
- As a government contractor, Foxhole Technology is subject to Executive Order 14042 – Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, provided there is not a court ordered injunction. This requires that all employees supporting a government contract be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 unless the employee has an exemption based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Foxhole Technology may require proof of your vaccination as a condition of employment.
- 15+ years working cybersecurity solutions to include Security Operations Center experience
- Proven record of providing multiple cybersecurity solutions within organizations
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital forensics
- Capable of writing queries/scripts for cybersecurity tools
- Development of senior level dashboards that provided holistic overview of the organization’s cybersecurity posture
- Experience supporting proposal and pre-sales efforts
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (PowerPoint, Visio, Word)
- Experience supporting clients as a consultant or trusted advisor
- Develops whitepapers, technology abstracts, and/or innovated solution development
- Desired Certifications that would be a plus: GIAC Certified Detection Analyst (GCDA), GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA), GIAC Cyber Threat Intelligence (GCTI), GIAC Network Forensic Analyst (GNFA), GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN), GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM), CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+), CCNP Security, Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
Requirements of position: Think analytically, effective verbal and written communication skills, make decisions, observe/remember details, interpret data, concentrate on tasks, adjust to change, handle stress/emotions. Regular attendance, maintain work schedule, attend meetings, meet deadlines, keyboard/type, handle confidential information, use math/calculations, stay organized, operate office equipment, may direct others. Must be able to see, have eye/hand coordination, and lift up to 10 lbs. May be exposed to dust/dirt, humidity, and noise.
Foxhole Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.