Requisition #: SOFTW003430
Job Title: Software Tester
Location: Washington, DC 20395
Clearance Level: Active DoD - Top Secret SCI
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
**Selected applicants may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. **
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test cases.
- Analyze functional requirements/user stories and translate requirements into written test plans, test cases, and test scripts.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Assists developers and participates in technical analysis.
- Follow best practice standards for the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Participates in release-related activities including pre-release planning, mock release activities, smoke testing during release, disaster recovery testing, and post-release verification.
- Defines appropriate testing methods to employ to assure developed product conforms to requirements and design.
- Interface with business representatives and technical management in understanding the business needs and developing technical system requirements.
- Organize and facilitate User Acceptance Testing sessions periodically during the software development and testing phase to ensure ease of use and requirements are met.
- Bachelors degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in IA technology or a related area.
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Strong self-starter attitude team-oriented and good communication skills are a must.
- Willingness to commit to maintaining the highest standard of customer service with outstanding written and oral communication.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the team on assigned tasks, expectations, and schedules.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Organized; time management skills to forecast and stay ahead of deliverables/reporting requirements.
- Must be well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to coordinate, prioritize multiple tasks, and be adaptable to change to accomplish assignments.
- Excellent Customer Focus/Satisfaction skills.
- Strong/Natural understanding of and ability to demonstrate the Agile Defense Core Values: Happy, Helpful, Honest, Humble, Hungry, Hustle.
- Contractor site with 0%-10% travel possible.
- Possible off-hours work to support releases and outages.
- General office environment.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require standing and walk for up to 10% of the time.
- The working environment is generally favorable.
- Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available
- Sedentary – 10 lbs. Maximum lifting, occasional lift/carry of small articles.
- Some occasional walking or standing may be required.
- Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Stand or Sit
- Repetitive Motion
- Use Hands / Fingers to Handle or Feel
- Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl
- Talk or Hear
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
As a federal contractor, Agile Defense is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer/facility vaccination requirements. As such, to protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, Agile Defense may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
Agile Defense is an Information Technology Solutions provider committed to partnering with our customers to deliver the highest level of service to our customers. We provided Information Technology (IT) services to the U.S. Government, including several United States Civil agencies and various branches within the U.S. Department of Defense.
Agile Defense has established a solid reputation of partnering with our customers to deliver innovative IT solutions with our “Listen. Think. Innovate.” philosophy.
At Agile Defense, we know that our employees are our most important asset. We believe in our responsibility to our fellow employees, customers, company, and to our country. We promote teamwork, integrity, and creativity; we expect our fellow employees to also live these values.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)