Software Test Engineer
Clearance Required: Secret
100% Telework-Must reside in MD, VA, PA or DC
This position is in a fast paced environment within the Department of Defense supporting cybersecurity systems. You will be working with a tool that provides software & hardware inventory, patching compliance and configuration compliance for the Department of Defense. The tool supports various officials with their Assessment and Accreditation process, FISMA reporting, Compliance reporting and monitoring and software tracking. This position is 100% telework.Job Description:
Provide quality assurance (QA) testing support for all aspects of releases, including new functionality, Hot Fixes and adhoc releases. Will support the defined testing framework requirements and develop or integrate open source test tools to automate test cases and capture test results or metrics and reports. Assist in the design of test specifications, creating a test strategy for new and existing features, and automate as many test cases as possible using the test framework or other open source test tools. Leverage test and development best practices, patterns, and processes within test and development teams. Work with the development teams to ensure front-end, back-end, and database system meet the defined success criteria for all requirements in each release. Support the development and maintenance of a Test and Evaluation Master Plan in support of each release and update the plan throughout the development cycle.Minimum Requirements:
- Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with implementing testing for continuous integration and deployment processes
- Experience with technical writing and creation of client-ready deliverables
- Experience with JIRA or similar issue tracking software
- Ability to show creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Ability to be comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Ability to show passion for software testing and quality and be a team player with high energy who thrives in an ambiguous environmentAbility to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams, and multi-task on multiple products and projects
- Ability to be results-oriented with a client focus
- Ability to multitask and thrive in an Agile Software Development Lifecycle
- Possession of excellent organizational skills, including tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesizing the results
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills using a variety of mediums
- Possession of excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- As a government contractor, Foxhole Technology is subject to Executive Order 14042 – Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. This requires that all employees supporting a government contract be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 unless the employee has an exemption based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Foxhole Technology may require proof of your vaccination as a condition of employment.
Requirements of position: Think analytically, effective verbal and written communication skills, make decisions, observe/remember details, interpret data, concentrate on tasks, adjust to change, handle stress/emotions. Regular attendance, maintain work schedule, attend meetings, meet deadlines, keyboard/type, handle confidential information, use math/calculations, stay organized, operate office equipment, may direct others. Must be able to see, have eye/hand coordination, and lift up to 10 lbs. May be exposed to dust/dirt, humidity, and noise.
Foxhole Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.