Candidates should demonstrate a thorough understanding of engineering technology. Engineering Interns must be enrolled in an accredited degree program in Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline with a preference for a standing of a sophomore or higher.
Department of Defense secret security clearance is obtainable within a reasonable amount of time after hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
Imagine being part of the team that develops the technologies, products and services that help our nationâ€™s heroes keep our nation safe. The work is important. The challenges are career-defining. The opportunity is waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems as a Software Engineering Intern.
What youâ€™ll be doing:
- Developing software in accordance with the system requirements
- Analyzing system, functional and performance requirements and how they impact new or existing code
- Conducting peer reviews of software
- Performing software unit test, and supporting integration
- Shaping future products by contributing to the framework (architecture) used across multiple products or systems.
- Working in secure environments alongside GDMS engineers, embarking on summer work that benefits the program through operational improvements of research & development of technology or tools to improve productivity.
What you need to bring to the table:
- Proficiency in writing software (preferably C++ or Java) and understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Software Development in a Linux environment
- Knowledge of using development kits and software modeling tools
- A strong work ethic and discipline
What sets you apart:
- Experience with Agile development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative (team) environment
- Ability to quickly grasp and apply new information
- Ability to handle more complex assignments as experience progresses
- Self-motivated, engaged, continuously learning and looking for ways to improve things
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
Learn how youâ€™ll grow through your internship with General Dynamics Mission Systems.
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.