Requisition #: SOFTW003351
Job Title: Software Engineer II
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
Clearance Level: Active DoD - Secret
- DoD IAT Level II.
**Selected applicants may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. **
- Primary python development support for the program.
- Responsible for the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems software.
- Determines computer user needs.
- Assists hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Assists in the design and development of compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Supports research, planning, and recommendation of software and system choices to meet business needs.
- Collaborates with internal customers to elicit their business concerns and translate them into system development requirements.
- Participates in planning initiatives for system testing and configuration.
- Provides highly technical and specialized guidance, and solutions to, complex information systems challenges.
- Provides project leadership for the planning and execution of major projects for the ICAM systems, and consults with users to identify current operations.
- procedures and to clarify program objectives.
- Assists in defining disaster recovery requirements and plans and delivers a disaster recovery solution for the applications systems.
- BA/BS preferred
- IAT Level II Certification
- 5+ years of related Python development experience
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team on assigned tasks, expectations, and schedule.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Organized; time management skills to forecast and stay ahead of deliverables/reporting requirements.
- Must be well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to coordinate, prioritize multiple tasks, and be adaptable to change to accomplish assignments.
- Excellent Customer Focus/Satisfaction skills
- Strong/Natural understanding of and ability to demonstrate the Agile Defense Core Values: Happy, Helpful, Honest, Humble, Hungry, Hustle.
- Contractor site with 0%-10% travel possible. Possible off-hours work to support releases and outages.
- General office environment.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
- The working environment is generally favorable.
- Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are not hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- Sedentary – 10 lbs. Maximum lifting, occasional lift/carry of small articles.
- Some occasional walking or standing may be required.
- Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Stand or Sit
- Repetitive Motion
- Use Hands / Fingers to Handle or Feel
- Talk or Hear
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
As a federal contractor, Agile Defense is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer/facility vaccination requirements. As such, to protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, Agile Defense may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
Agile Defense is an Information Technology Solutions provider committed to partnering with our customers to deliver the highest level of service to our customers. We provided Information Technology (IT) services to the U.S. Government, including several United States Civil agencies and various branches within the U.S. Department of Defense.
Agile Defense has established a solid reputation of partnering with our customers to deliver innovative IT solutions with our “Listen. Think. Innovate.” philosophy.
At Agile Defense, we know that our employees are our most important asset. We believe in our responsibility to our fellow employees, customers, company, and to our country. We promote teamwork, integrity, and creativity; we expect our fellow employees to also live these values.