The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) will play a key role in the development of the world’s first high-resolution holographic display. The ideal candidate will be an automation expert at heart and will also enjoy spending time in the lab developing tests required for the production of light field displays. The candidate will write and test computer programs for acquiring and analyzing data, and for running automated calibration and test procedures for use on a production line. This engineer will be responsible for developing test procedures to characterize optical components such as displays as well as test custom printed circuit boards (PCBs). The SDET will also work on establishing a test infrastructure that may be applied broadly to our production process. The candidate will be working with a team of other automation and test engineers, mechanical engineers, optical engineers, and experts in light field display technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop automated and semi-automated test and calibration procedures for light field technologies, including the test of custom electronics, optical components such as displays and lenses, and optical systems. Apply basic image processing.
- Write computer programs for calibration, automated tests, and data analysis in Python.
- Develop a common test infrastructure that may be applied broadly across many test and characterization stations on a production line for light field displays.
- Construct and develop code for test stations with optical measurement equipment such as
- CMOS-sensor cameras, color analyzers/spectrophotometers, power meters, optical
- microscopes, motorized stages, etc.
- Analyze calibration data, apply specs, and write results to a database. Assist in structuring a production database and creating database reports.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and run Gage R&R experiments to determine repeatability and reproducibility of measurements.
- Help maintain a calibration and test code base repository. Perform code reviews for peers.
- Familiarity with Linux is desired
- Other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- At least 3 years of experience in developing tests for production environment for imaging systems, optical fiber communication systems, display systems, custom electronic devices, or other consumer or industrial systems.
- At least 2 years of experience in programming in Python or C++ for the automation of optical test in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic image processing skills.
- Familiarity with use of cameras, sensors, and simple optics such as lenses.
- Linux OS knowledge
- Database experience desired.
- Familiarity with electronics is desired.
- Automated test development in a production environment
- Programming in Python
- Programming in C++
- Characterization of optical components and assemblies
- Basic image processing software
- Cameras, motorized stages, and basic optics
- Database experience in a production environment
- Basic electronics
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds for 50 feet; bend and reach; work in an environment with daily changes in climate;
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit, read, write, type and speak for extended periods of time;
- The employee is required to move around the premises;
- The employee must be able to observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work;
- Employee must be able to learn and apply new skills or information;
- Must be able to multi-task regularly;
- Employee must display a positive, professional image and attitude and work well with others;
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise levels;
The position also requires the following abilities:
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods;
- Ability to concentrate and focus for extended periods;
- Ability to handle stress;
- Ability to interact frequently and positively with others;
- Ability to meet deadlines
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs. Light Field Lab Inc., is an at-will employer and this description is not intended to imply a guarantee of permanent employment.
Major Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k