Software Backend API Test Engineer in Mountain View for 12+ months
Our team is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to work on our Knox Cloud Products and Services. You will be responsible for automating backend APIs and Performance testing a wide range of services offered by our cloud solutions.
- Build maintainable, high quality and effective automated tests for backend APIs.
- Design and create test strategies for RESTful APIs and web applications.
- Design, Implement and maintain robust test automation frameworks, tools, and services.
- Tackle state-of-the-art cloud performance issues: Analyze and debug difficult server performance issues, identify bottlenecks and optimize product/service performance to improve user experience
- Collaborate and work closely with Cross functional teams including Engineering, Product and operations teams to analyze quality risk, resolve test coverage gaps and ensure the best product quality.
- Analyze production issues, identify gaps in testing across the entire test stack and make systemic improvements to Automation testing.
- Help in building and driving a culture that enables quality in all software features across different services.
- 5+ years overall experience with at least 3+ years of server API automation/performance engineering experience.
- Strong Coding Skills in Java and/or Python.
- Excellent understanding of RESTful APIs and related concepts.
- Experience with performance and capacity engineering is required.
- Experience with Git, continuous integration, and deployment tools (Jenkins/CircleCI).
- Hands-on experience in development and maintenance of automation frameworks for APIs.
- Excellent understanding of QA methodologies and QA Process.
- Possess great attention to detail and very good at documenting/presenting them.
- Exceptional communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills required.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Hands on experience with relational databases and database architecture and understanding data models and ER diagrams.
- Experience with NoSQL DB, writing queries, understanding DB scripts and functions DB tuning experience is a plus.
- Ability to perform migration testing of static data and transaction data between multi cloud systems.
- Experience with the Azure eco-system is a plus.
- Experience working with global teams in different geographical locations.