Software Backend API & Mobile Test Engineer
Be a part of an exciting new team with a globally known mobile platform company working on new project launches for years to come! The Mobile Platform and Solutions team is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test/Client to work on the Products and Services. You will be responsible for validating mobile application, automating backend APIs and Performance testing a wide range of services offered.
- Mobile Application testing and validating backend API’s.
- Create Test strategy & Test Plan for RESTful APIs and mobile application and perform test execution across different mobile devices.
- Ensure comprehensive test coverage for application and build maintainable, high quality and effective automated tests for backend APIs.
- Experience working with Webservices would be highly desirable
- Design, Implement and maintain robust test automation frameworks, tools, and services.
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting performance testing systems and strategies.
- Collaborate and work closely with Cross functional teams including Engineering, Product and operations teams to analyze quality risk, resolve test coverage gaps and ensure the best product quality.
- Retrospect production issues, identify gaps in testing across the entire test stack and make systemic improvements to test process and strategy.
- Help in building and driving a culture that enables quality in all software features across different services.
- 10-15% domestic travel to partner sites for integration and End to End validations.
- 5+ years overall QA experience with 3+ years of server API automation/performance engineering experience and 2+ years of Mobile Application testing experience.
- Excellent understanding of RESTful APIs and experience in development & maintenance of automation frameworks for APIs.
- Experience in defining and executing test strategies for mobile applications.
- Strong Coding Skills in Java and/or Python.
- Exceptional communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills required.
- Hands on experience with relational databases and understanding data models, database architecture & ER diagrams.
- Experience with mobile wallet is a plus.
- Experience working with global teams in different geographical locations.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent
Location: Mountain View, CA (Hybrid schedule with 15-20% travel in the U.S.)
Duration: Multi-year engagement (full time)
Submit resume to jobs@OSIengineering.com