Position: Regional Field Sales Manager – SMB Segment
In this role, you will lead and manage a team of field-based sales reps in the fastest growing segment within Fortinet – Small amp; Medium Business (SMB). As the SMB Segment at Fortinet expands, we are looking for a strong leader to help further develop the sales execution strategy, assist with the recruitment amp; hiring of SMB field sales reps, and ensure that your sales team effectively spreads the Fortinet value proposition across all SMB accounts in your territory, resulting in consistent over-attainment against all sales targets for all sales reps on your team.
- Lead, manage and motivate a team of field-based Regional Account Managers (RAM) focused on SMB accounts
- Ensure that every RAM on your team meets or exceeds their sales targets every quarter
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring and onboarding of Regional Account Managers (RAM)
- Develop plans at a rep level to achieve goals and exceed quota responsibility. These plans include new customer acquisition, customer growth, channel engagement, sales rep enablement and sales rep career path.
- Serve as an escalation point of contact in the event of customer satisfaction issues
- Help upper management establish quota for your sales reps and for your territory more broadly
- Ensure all sales plays and other marketing programs are successfully implemented by your sales reps
- Develop relationships with key decision makers, influencers and partners for the most strategic accounts and sales opportunities in your territory
- Run productive weekly 1x1 management and coaching sessions with each sales rep on your team.
- Ensure that Fortinet’s technical engineering overlay sales team is properly leveraged by your sales reps
- Accurate weekly forecasting to upper management for all sales results and new sales opportunities
- Significant travel (ie, up to 50%) within assigned territory is required once Covid restrictions are lifted to a sufficient degree
- Be a role model of our SMB Leadership amp; Success Principles as well as Fortinet’s core values
- 5+ years technology sales experience
- Previous leadership and/or mentoring experience and accomplishments
- Experience in the network security industry
- A proven track record of significant over-quota achievement and demonstrated career stability
- Experience in selling collaboratively with channel partners (VAR, SI, MSSP, etc)
- Strong presentation skills to executive level amp; individual contributors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be computer savvy
- Experience in sales quota assignment, pipeline management and forecasting
- Flexible and execution-minded professional
- Strong business acumen and positive leadership abilities with proven results in mentoring, motivating and developing teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, MBA preferred.