SMALL BUSINESS CREDIT OFFICER II
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Responsible for underwriting small business loan requests to achieve efficiencies and quality of the process to enhance client experience. Primary performance responsibilities include analyzing business and personal financial data to determine the merits of the loan request (including adherence to loan policy), assessing the credit worthiness of borrowers, decision loans within established lending authority, identify and mitigate risks and appropriately structure loan requests. Ensure all due diligence and background evaluations are complete and thorough before rendering a credit decision. May assist more senior credit officers with larger or more complex loan requests.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage products and solutions with exceptional service and care.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Review new money and renewal loan requests and financial information; evaluate and determine credit structure and terms; fully underwrites CRR consistent with Bank format, policies and procedures; determines sources and uses of funds; analyzes industry data, competitive factors, historical performance, projected results, risks, and mitigating factors.
* Contacts Relationship Manager, as appropriate, for additional information and details related to loan request or clarification of financial materials and resources.
* Reviews collateral periodically to minimize credit exposure. Applies fraud detection and prevention techniques.
* Collaborate with team members by providing credit alternatives and creative ways to structure credits ensuring that transactions are within portfolio risk standards. Authors credit approval memorandum.
* Restructures loans and/or lines of credit as required. Assumes accountability for minimizing Bank losses.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge on all Bank lending policies and regulations. Confers with the Credit Team Lead and appropriate Bank personnel regarding new/existing lending requirements and regulations.
* Supports relationship management team by monitoring performance of borrowers, identifying problem credits, and taking a proactive approach toward resolution. Works with Collateral Department to ensure loan facilities maintain valuation within approved tolerance, and when necessary, communicates with Relationship Manager prior to borrower escalation. Reviews risk grading on an ongoing basis to identify potential credit issues (currently only PG). Escalates potential credit issues to Credit Team Lead, Credit Manager and relationship team.
* Manage the renewal process by working with the Relationship Manager, the client and the CSA team.
* May participate in ad hoc special projects for the team or SBC as needed.
* Maintains a proactive commitment to established bank programs, such as Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Affirmative Action.
* Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or other related discipline
* Minimum 5 years experience in underwriting small business, commercial credit or consumer loans required.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in a banking or financial services required.
* SBA Lending experience a plus.
Skills and Knowledge
* Excellent knowledge of commercial credit policies and procedures.
* Excellent credit analysis and accounting skills.
* Strong ability to communicate skillfully and effectively in both verbal/written forms.
* Good organizational skills.
* Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for decision making.
* Ability to work well independently and in teams and interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts.
* Works with the Sr. Credit Officer in structuring creative deals and determining alternative approaches.
Starting base salary: $52.07 - $67.63 per hour. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City: In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Source : City National Bank