SALES & OPERATIONS SERVICE OFFICER - RBC/CNB SYNERGIES
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Provides day-to-day servicing for Relationship Manager/Banking Advisor clients, and relieves the Relationship Manager/Bank Advisor from performing account specific operational responsibility. Resolves client inquiries/complaints and identifies cross-selI opportunities by assessing deposit portfolio and client needs. Works directly with clients in all areas of deposit operations (e.g., wires, new deposit accounts, checking and savings account activity, Mobile Banking, Online Banking, CDs, loan payments and advances, etc.). Provides clients with accurate, timely and extensive information to ensure quality service and client retention.
Personal and Business Banking Division
As a member of City National's Personal & Business Banking group, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference through a signature client experience. Our branch network delivers proactive advice and high-level financial solutions with a Global Relationship Management™ model that most banks extend only to larger businesses and high-net-worth families. Our tailored solutions address the financial needs of individuals, organizations and small to mid-sized businesses with an array of products and services, from simple to complex.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Client Services
* Act as primary liaison between the client and all areas of the bank. Perform follow up with all client requests to ensure completion and satisfaction.
* Resolve client inquiries and complaints and take appropriate action to prevent future problems. Contact clients regarding overdrafts (or other related problems) and perform follow-up necessary to resolve situation. Determine appropriate method of approach.
* Analyze client needs in order to cross-sell a wide variety of Bank services. Introduce clients to appropriate area within the Bank such as Wealth Management, International, and Treasury Management. Maintain complete knowledge of all bank products and services.
* Participate in cross sell activities with the Relationship Manager/Banking Advisor, as appropriate.
* Perform deposit operations-related activities within the department. Review and process deposits. Approve checks for cashing. Prepare and approve (within authority) outgoing wire transfers. Initiate debit and credit entries to checking/saving accounts for transfers, branch settlements, loan payments, etc. Assist with inquiries and transactions related to mobile banking and online banking activities.
* Review deposits and either approve, decline, or place holds on immediate credit based on knowledge of clientele, account balance, account history and other related factors, within delegated authority. Process/approve transfers, overdrafts, and waivers of fees, within specified authority limit.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of account activity by reviewing various reports (e.g., overdraft reports, large item reports, UCF, New Accounts reports, etc.) on a daily basis. Identify potential problems and take appropriate action necessary to avoid financial loss to the Bank.
* Ensure early identification and proper escalation of potential risk to appropriate level of authority.
* Facilitate new deposit account requests by providing disclosures, gathering documents and initiate ongoing communication with the client.
* Complete KYCs for new clients/entities/loans.
* Approve items from Banking Offices, EIP, Non Post, etc.
* Maintains and update DARS report.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Minimum 2 years’ experience in client service, banking operations or banking relationship management support required.
* Minimum 2 years’ experience in a banking or financial services environment required
* Minimum 2 years of experience with bank products and services (e.g. deposits, wealth management, cash management, international, etc.) required.
Skills and Knowledge
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
* Excellent risk management knowledge.
* Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively interact with clients and bank colleagues at all levels.
* Solid knowledge of all phases of operations (e.g., installment loans, new accounts, loan payments, statement handling, wires).
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook).
Starting base salary: $25.06 - $30.64 per hour. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City: In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Source : City National Bank (CNB)