An Iron Bow SLED Business Development Manager will be responsible for identifying and developing long term sales opportunities. Preferred location is the DC Metro area but may consider other locations.
- Assist the SLED Account Teams in the identification, qualification, and pursuit of long term opportunities for solutions and services engagements within the SLED vertical which includes states, large counties and/or large cities within the U.S.
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) on SLED related business for the SLED Account Teams by:
- Leveraging or building long-term relationships with accounts/clients,
- Developing and maintaining SLED-specific OEM partner relationships and teaming strategy, and
- Identifying new or existing SLED contract vehicles for strategic prime (or subcontract) pursuits
- Providing training on available contract vehicles, selling into SLED space, market trends, OEM feedback/guidance, etc.
- Position company by organizing and participating in key meetings or events held by customers (key state/local/municipal IT leaders), key OEM partners, or SLED-focused consultants
- Maintain a pipeline in company-provided tool to track all leads and pursuits through bid decision.
- Provide ongoing guidance around the key technologies that will impact the SLED marketplace
- Assist with developing Account Team training, or fine tuning the training from our OEMs supporting these key technologies
- Work with Marketing Team to assemble and prepare materials for use in SLED Business Development activities.
- Act as SME on e-rate to help properly support such opportunities, drive net new opportunities, ensure account teams are aware of program and ultimately lead efforts to grow amount of e-rate business.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 5 – 10 years of experience in Business Development efforts for SLED.
- Proven history of consistent business development efforts that led to closed sales within the SLED sector.
- A bachelor degree or equivalent experience required.
- IT solution sales experience required around services and preferably with OEMs Cisco, VMware, HP, DellEMC and NetApp.
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills with emphasis on probing and listening for understanding.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to grow accounts
- Ability to develop and execute against strategic goals and initiatives
- Attention to detail
- Ability to balance a large volume of workload
- Ability to prioritize requirements and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn and thrive in a fast paced environment
- There is an estimate of 30%-40% travel
This position and continued employment with Iron Bow Technologies is contingent upon providing documentation of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 or you must provide documentation to Iron Bow Human Resources supporting a bona fide request for Religious or a Medical Accommodation.
Iron Bow Technologies is a leading IT solution provider dedicated to successfully transforming technology investments into business capabilities for government, commercial and healthcare clients. Our depth of technical expertise, global reach and strategic partnerships with industry leaders as well as disruptive technology partners uniquely positions Iron Bow to target the right solution to ensure your successful business outcome. We partner with our clients from planning and implementation through ongoing maintenance and management to deliver solutions that are strong, flexible and on target.
Iron Bow Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#LI-Remote #LI-RR1See Job Description