About RBM of Atlanta
RBM of Atlanta is a privately owned and family operated Mercedes-Benz dealership with a focus on taking excellent care of our employees which allows us to take amazing care of our clients. We were awarded “Best of the Best” from Mercedes-Benz - Georgia's only 7 time winner. We are also recognized as a J.D Power Dealer of Excellence and the first Mercedes-Benz dealer to be honored for 5 consecutive years! We have the largest service center and the largest parts inventory in the state of Georgia. We are deeply established in the southeast and have been Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Connection since 1964.
RBM of Atlanta has a diverse Drug-Free workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Competitive hourly wage - $15/hour
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacations - Start earning vacation from you 1st pay check!
- Great work/life balance with a 5-day work week - Dealership is closed on Sundays.
- Monthly scheduling is provided in advance so you can make plans.
- Paid training and certification with many career paths in both service and sales available.
- Get paid EVERY Friday by direct deposit.
- Competitive insurance and retirement benefits
- Medical and Dental coverage
- Company contribution to Health Savings Account for eligible HDHP participants
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- $25,000 company-paid life insurance for full-time employees (additional coverage available)
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Employee discounts for parts, service, and vehicle purchases
- Onsite parking
SHUTTLE DRIVER ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Our drivers are an important part of enhancing customers' positive service experience. You are our ambassador and potentially our first and last point of contact with clients. Customer Service is our first priority.
- Warmly welcome and greet all visitors either on the telephone or in-person and ensure all required information/documents are collected/present at the time of pick-up or delivery.
- Deliver courtesy vehicles for client use; pick-up clients or their vehicles for service and deliver them back when service is completed.
- Assist passengers getting in and out of vehicles and moving belongings.
- Immediately report any damage or abnormal operating conditions with client vehicle, property, or shuttle vehicle to dispatcher or transportation manager.
- Keep a timely shuttle route by utilizing Google Maps and/or Waze mapping technology for routing and notify dispatcher or transportation manager of route detours and/or delays.
- Use provided technology, software, and devices to complete job duties, follow department best practices/procedures and abide by company policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Prior to being employed, applicants for employment must participate in RBM’s normal screening process which includes: completing a full employment application; satisfactory criminal, credit and driving records checks (where applicable); in-person interviews and other inquiries.
- High school diploma or the equivalent and authorized to work in the USA for any employer.
- Must have a clean driving record and be insurable.
- Previous experience in a similar role with similar responsibilities is preferred.
- Basic communication and problem-solving skills; basic mathematical skills using American units of measure.
- Physical demands include: constantly position body and move in order to retrieve vehicles from parking lots and drive cars; inspect and drive vehicles; detect and identify vehicle issues and shop safety concerns; exert force to move/manipulate objects (up to 20lbs occasionally, 5lbs frequently); operate equipment; repetitive motion. Work is conducted inside, outside, on public roads and freeways, and in a shop environment in proximity to moving vehicles. May need to remain sedentary for long periods of time in adverse traffic conditions or in the event of vehicle mechanical failure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.