Shop Welder Fabricators have the responsibility of performing duties around the shop at a journeyman welder level, as well as directing and completing various shop welding and fabrication projects. Shop Welder Fabricators also modify, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, clean, and maintain new and existing equipment, systems and related equipment, following specifications and using welding equipment, hand and power tools. The Shop Welder Fabricator is essential in communicating with other team members regarding the status of projects & repairs and to ensure work is performed safely and efficiently.
Whitaker Construction offers an exceptional benefit package including:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Employees earn shares in the company â€“ All employees have ownership in the company and its success
- Competitive wages
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Supplemental Insurance
- 401 K and Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Personal Days
- Quarterly Incentive Program (profit sharing)
- Referral Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Roles and Responsibilities:
Including but not limited to the list below.
- Knowledge and ability to position, lay out, fit, cut, and weld metal in accordance to shop drawings and directions from supervisor.
- Perform inspections and preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Diagnose, rebuild, and repair vehicles, equipment, & various parts.
- Verify specifications by performing quality assurance tests.
- Operate tooling and equipment such as a torch, grinder, air arc, and overhead cranes.
- Work safely in a shop setting around heavy equipment and fusion equipment including heating irons, welders, grinders, etc.
- Load and unload equipment and materials.
- Work with specialized equipment including line stop machines (Pinchers), tapping machines, fusing machines, and other necessary fabrication & welding tools.
- Maintain tools as required to perform all job duties.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by Shop Foreman & Mechanics.
- Performing all job duties following company safety rules and proper use of all personal protective equipment.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred. Any vocational training is strongly desired.
- Those with an education and/or work-related credential from a secondary or post-secondary educational system will be given preferred interview status (Precision Exams, NOCTE, etc.).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Six (6) months or more of welding/fabrication work experience at meets or exceeds performance expectations.
- Ability to read and interpret all AWS basic weld symbols and typical welding symbols.
- Comprehend a Bill of Material to determine necessary materials and requirements.
- Frequent use of basic hand and measurement tools.
- Ability to detect unsafe or hazardous conditions of equipment and work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Valid driverâ€™s license and reliable transportation to get to and from work.
- Able and willing to work long hours including day, night, weekend shifts as needed, and work outside of normal hours.
- Able to walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, crouch, and able to lift up-to 50 or more pounds frequently.
- Able to work in outside environments being subjected to weather changes, noise, vibrations, and job hazards.
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.