Summary of Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate safety as a core value that will not be compromised.
- Ensures operation is compliant with all applicable environmental standards.
- Ensures operation is meeting product quality requirements.
- Provides positive leadership in a unionized, heavy industrial setting.
- Directs crewmembers and ensures compliance to assigned work.
- Prioritize mechanical and electrical break in work during the shift.
- Ensures that operations are operating as efficiently as possible.
- Ensures proper resources are available for effective work execution and to maintain continuous operation.
- Communicates with plant operators, plant repairmen, engineering and management staff to accomplish common goals.
- Other duties assigned as needed
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a mineral or industrial processing facility
- 2-year technical degree.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Competent communication skills both oral & written
- Skilled in resolving day-to-day questions/problems regarding equipment, materials, methods and procedures needed to complete tasks
- Problem solving skills
- Sound knowledge of safety and environmental regulations
- Current driver’s license
- Preference given for prior supervisory experience.
- 4-year degree preferred.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is the largest flat-rolled steel company and the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America. The Company is vertically integrated from mined raw materials, direct reduced iron, and ferrous scrap to primary steelmaking and downstream finishing, stamping, tooling, and tubing. We offer an excellent total compensation package including top pay with variable compensation opportunity, health insurance, retirement plan, education assistance, paid time off and more!.
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that all Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.