The Casino Shift Manager is responsible for developing an environment that creates excitement for guests and team members, promoting and retaining a highly skilled work force. Responsible for actively building relationships with players and acts as a mentor to team members to build their player development skills; provides career development and direction for team members. Manages staff and resources, related to Slot Operations, on an assigned shift ensuring compliance with established regulations.Responsibilities:
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock Rockford their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members to provide superior guest service.
- Ensures the enforcement of all policies and procedures and ensures daily operational efficiency of all departments.
- Is responsible for overseeing the operational activities of the shift including interacting in a positive manner with the managers of other operational departments.
- Handle Team Member and Guest concerns/dissatisfaction professionally to best result in team member/guest satisfaction while at the same time maintaining financial responsibility.
- Identifies and implements procedural changes to positively affect customer service with a particular focus on improving slot service times.
- Establishes and develops relationships with guests through positive, effective interaction focusing on loyalty and profitability of specific player segments.
- Ensures employee satisfaction through consistent feedback and development.
- Evaluate current business conditions, special events, weather, etc. and staff accordingly.
- Create a work environment that is safe, professional, friendly and conducive to a high level of morale, productivity and performance.
- Ensure talent performance levels.
- Visually inspect all casino equipment and follow procedures for notification/repair/replacement.
- Inspect and ensure a clean, safe working environment. Notify appropriate departments to handle deficient situations.
- Author and distribute casino win/loss reports.
- Support the Hard Rock culture and team philosophy throughout the property.
- Promote positive public relations and create an enjoyable atmosphere for all.
- Reviews adequacy of internal security of Slot Department.
- Perform work regularly and adheres to all Illinois Gaming Regulations.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Attend seminars when needed.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
High school diploma or equivalent. This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through a through a minimum 5 years of experience in slot operations with two years in a supervisory capacity. College degree preferred.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc.):
- Must obtain and maintain all licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Illinois Gaming Commission.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends, as well as flexible shifts and/or unusual hours.
- Prior experience in the Gaming industry required.
- Knowledgeable of all casino games rules, procedures and regulations required.
- Prior experience opening new properties/outlets strongly preferred.
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Hard Rock operations and slot related machinery.
- Policies and procedures as well as knowledge of and ability to identify various cheating techniques.
- Games manuals, policies, procedures, and a demonstrated ability to coordinate or supervise the work of others.
- Player Tracking/Accounting system, floor coverage and margin control.
- Deliver a service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable entertainment experience.
- Present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional appearance.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Interpret and explain policies and procedures.
- This position spends time on the gaming floor and is subject to varying levels of crowds and noise, and the severity of which depends upon guest volume.
- Consistently communicate effectively with guests, as well as all levels of team members.
- Observe and direct actions of subordinates/trainees.
- Inspect and maintain areas for which responsible.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Use all machine test equipment.
- Develop strategic department objectives and link to the goals of the property.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. The Team Member understands that employment with the Company is at-will and that no express and/or implied contract of employment exists unless it is in writing and signed by the Department Head. The Team Member further understands that conditions may require the Company to modify this Job Description and that the Company reserves the right to exercise its discretion to make such changes.