This Golden Chick location is expanding and looking for a Shift Leader to join our team. We have values, vision, and a brand purpose for the future. If you would like to grow with us, then apply to be a part of our team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the management team in all aspects of shift management and ensures all guests have an outstanding experience
- Supervises assigned stations for an entire shift
- Directs, supports, coaches, and provides professional leadership to team members
- Becomes certified in all stations including shift management, food handling, cash handling, customer recovery and catering
- Assists with training and developing crew members in their duties and assignments
- Shift leaders will also prepare food, operate POS, and stock supplies as required
- Monitors safety and security protocols are being followed
- Ensures all workstations are clean
- Resolves customer complaints in a timely, friendly, and professional manner
- Open or close the restaurant in the absence of a manager following established procedures as well as safety policies
- Completes checklists for opening, mid-shift, closing, and food safety
- Communicates with customers, team members and managers in a positive and professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be willing to work variable schedules. Evenings, weekends, holidays
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervises shifts as assigned and manages restaurant under the direction of the assistant or general manager.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Less than high school education, GED or high school degree preferred.
Ability to comprehend simple instructions.
No skills are required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must obtain State Food Handler certification within 60 days of hire.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat from cooking equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employees will be expected to purchase non-slip shoes due to wet, slippery floors and can purchase through the company at a discount.
Golden Chick is one of the fastest growing restaurant brands in the U.S. and was recognized as one of the very top brands in the country by Nation’s Restaurant News. Big things are planned for the little brand that started in San Marcos back in 1967. Come join our team and reach your maximum career potential. www.goldenchick.com
In 1985, The Original Golden Tender™ was born. We started using whole chicken tenderloin (the filet mignon of chicken) to make our Original Golden Tenders™. To guarantee great fresh taste we marinate our tenderloins, then hand-batter and cook them to a delicious golden perfection. Since 1985, the “Big Guys” have tried to copy us … and they’re still trying to get it right.