This person will be responsible for overseeing restaurant activities in the absence of a Manager. This position may only be temporary, since our goal is to be fully staffed with managers in each unit. The length of time in this position depends on the need of each restaurant.
- Coordinate and oversee restaurant operations when management is not present.
- Ability to adhere to security measures.
- Must adhere to all Denny’s policies and procedures.
- Oversee standard compliance and safety practices at all times.
- Complete assigned office duties such as guest check validation, timely drawer changes and balancing as well as ensuring that readings are taken.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned and presented properly in a clean, safe and sanitary manner according to all established procedures, performance standards and specifications.
- Must complete all training courses.
- When manager is not present; if there is an absence of any job code must personally fill any position or assign someone to fill position.
- Embodies and promotes Denny’s Inc. and Franchise company values.
- Added duties as assigned by Manager and General Manager.
- Extensive standing without breaks
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 21/2 to 3 feet
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility
- Must be able to fit through openings 30” wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours and under heavy pressure/stress
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Communicating with customers
- Must be able to work computer and have good phone skills
- Operating cash register
- Carrying trays of food products
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. weighing about 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Above standard verbal and written skills.
- Above standard communication and supervisory skills.
- Good organizational skills
- Guest oriented personality
- Knowledge of all facets of restaurant operations.
- Ability to function under stress during peak hours of operation.
- Excellent physical condition due to walking, standing, lifting, bending and extreme temperature variances that accompany the job.
- Simple math skills required.
- Flexibility and ability to manage change and fill positions as needed.
- Knowledge of all job codes.
- Must meet any State, County or Municipal regulation pertaining to health risk concerns about food handling.
- Must adhere to all Denny’s policies. Must complete all video training, anti-discrimination & anti-harassment training and comply with Denny’s nondiscrimination policies.
All employees applying for Unit Aide, Manager or Office staff position must comply with our Drug Free Workplace policy and complete a drug screen.
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
This position will include any and all (various) duties assigned to ensure the proper functioning of operations in the department/area.
Denny's is the place that is always open for you to be who you want, with the people you want, over the food you want…whenever you want. We celebrate the inherent creativity of our food and the uniqueness of all people. So, come as you are. Enjoy pancakes for dinner or burgers for breakfast. You are always welcome at America’s Diner, where we are Open for Anything.