Shift leader helps oversee in-store operations alongside the General Manager. The Shift leader plays a major role in ensuring the store is in exceptional order and that all employees are performing duties properly and efficiently. Shift leaders must lead by example and execute systems and procedures with 100% integrity. As a Shift leader, your attitude needs to be enthusiastic, friendly, and positive, and follow all guidelines and initiatives outlined in the "line employee" description.
- Competitive Pay
- In House Training and Development
- Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter
- Time and a Half for select holidays
- Discounted Meals
- Great Co-Workers!
- Greet customers, record orders, and serve food and beverages with a consistently positive and helpful attitude, including answering questions about the menu.
- Input orders into a point-of-sale system and accept payment using a credit card reader or cash register, calculating change accurately and quickly as required.
- Work together with the line team to prepare cold and hot subs to customer specifications, while following cooking instructions, safety procedures, and sanitary requirements.
- Use specific kitchen machinery such as knives, grills, slicers, etc.
- Ensure restaurant cleanliness daily by clearing and wiping tables, sweeping and mopping floors, washing and sanitizing kitchen utensils, and servicing restrooms.
- Communicate effectively with team members and management to create work schedules, train new employees, and resolve any interpersonal issues as needed.
- Handle customer concerns and complaints professionally and calmly to resolve problems according to Jersey Mike's standards and policy.
- Maintain a neat and tidy appearance by wearing required uniform and adhering to a corporate dress code.
- Be energetic, hard-working, and ethical
- Ability to understand and adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Commitment to learning
- Have strong desire to work as a Team Player
- Flexibility to work day and nights shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to stand for long hours at a time and work in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Must be 18 years old or older
Our authentic taste – served Mike's Way® with lettuce, onions, tomatoes, oregano, salt, and THE JUICE (oil and vinegar) – is called our CRAVEABILITY factor. Our secret? Everything about Jersey Mike’s is the absolute highest quality, including our employees. Our USDA Prime Roast Beef is trimmed and cooked right here in the store. Our meats and cheeses are all top-quality premium brands sliced freshly before your eyes. Our bread is fresh-baked each day on premises. And of course, everything’s created right in front of you. It’s what makes Jersey Mike’s the most authentic tasting submarine sandwich available, truly a "Sub Above", and it’s a tradition of quality we’ll never outgrow. Our team is just that as well.: an amazing group of people working together, having fun, engaging with our customers and making each visit memorable with our unique, friendly, and welcoming personalities.