We are looking for the next ROCK STAR to join our family at the new Hickory, NC Firehouse Subs® Restaurant! Shift Leaders must understand the importance of the customer experience and understand that they are the “Face” of Firehouse Subs.
Part-time and Full-time positions are available.
This job contributes to the success of Firehouse Subs by assisting the General Manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts. This job requires the ability to deploy team members and delegate tasks to complete daily systems and procedures with 100% integrity.
- Competitive Hourly Rate (based on location and experience), plus tips
- Medical, Dental, and Vision for Full-time Employees
- 401K (after one year of employment)
• Computer skills including some Microsoft software and register skills
• Ability to stand, bend, reach and scoop through-out assigned shift
• Ability to be mobile in walk-in freezer/cooler with temperatures ranging from 40° F to -10° F
Essential Functions include:
REPORTS TO: General Manager
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT:
This position is fully accountable for the profitable operation of a specific shift designated by the General Manager, while adhering to all company guidelines and regulations.
- Shift Leaders ensure the restaurant is in full compliance to all local, state and federal regulations to include health regulations, hour and wage regulations, age restrictions, fair employment practices, ADA and any other appropriate regulations required for the legal operation of the business.
- Shift Leaders ensure knowledge, adherence and enforcement of all Firehouse Subs® Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures the profitability of the business by operation shifts within established guidelines and requirements for food cost, labor, controllables, utilities and sales growth.
- Providing leadership to the restaurant team to consistently meet standards of superior guest service, quality and cleanliness while embracing the Firehouse Subs® “culture” and mission and vision statements.
- Assists the GM in coordinating and implementing current operations game plans and company initiatives in a profitable and timely manner.
- Participates in interviewing, hiring, training and disciplining employees under the guidance of the GM.
- Ensure all required programs, reports and legal documents are accurate, complete and accomplished on schedule.
- Actively participates in all Public Safety Foundation initiatives.
- Represents Firehouse Subs® in a professional, positive manner at all times.
- Communicates effectively to the GM/Owner any and all issues that may impact our business.
- Able to work on their feet for up to 13 hours at a time.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Any other duties assigned by GM/Owner.
Firehouse Subs is a U.S.-based, fast casual restaurant chain founded in 1994 in Jacksonville, Florida by former firefighter brothers Chris Sorensen and Robin Sorensen. Firehouse Subs has opened over 1,180 restaurants in 46 states as well as Puerto Rico, Canada and non-traditional locations.