We are looking for a motivated shift leader to oversee daily operations during designated shifts, supervise employees, and ensure that our customers receive outstanding service. The shift leader's responsibilities include creating a shift schedule, dealing with no-shows, delegating tasks, handling cash up, and reporting any issues to the manager.
To be successful as a shift leader, you should be able to manage a team of people and ensure that all duties are performed accurately. Ultimately, a top shift leader should be able to ensure smooth and efficient workflows.
- Flexible schedules
- Competitive pay
- FREE Meal on days you are working
- High school diploma/GED.
- Previous experience as a Shift Leader or in a similar role in retail.
- Experience creating shift schedules.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Confident problem-solver.
- Team player.
- Supervising employees, assigning duties, and creating a shift schedule.
- Monitoring team performance and ensuring duties are performed efficiently.
- Reporting any issues that arise during the shift to management.
- Managing employee requests and transgressions.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies, health, and safety standards.
- Coaching team members and training new staff.
- Opening and closing registers, accounting for the daily intake, and preparing cash deposits.
- Handling customer issues and employee disputes.
Steak ‘n Shake was founded in February, 1934 in Normal, Illinois. Gus Belt, Steak ‘n Shake’s founder, pioneered the concept of premium burgers and milk shakes.
For over 85 years, the company’s name has been symbolic of its heritage. The word “steak” stood for STEAKBURGER. The term “shake” stood for hand-dipped MILK SHAKES. Gus was determined to serve his customers the finest burgers and shakes in the business. To prove his point that his burgers were exceptionally prime, he would wheel in a barrel of steaks (including round, sirloin, and T-bones) and grind the meat into burgers right in front of the guests. Hence arose the origin of our famous slogan, “In Sight It Must Be Right.”
After 85 years, we are continuing Steak n Shake’s tradition of serving the country’s best, freshest, and tastiest burgers and shakes.
The Steak n Shake Company is a Biglari Holdings company