Job Description – Sewer I
Location: El Cajon, CA
Meet the Smart Safety Company
At Safe Fleet our name says it all. We make fleet vehicles – and everyone in and around them – safer. Our fleet safety platform brings together best-in-class products, ground-breaking technology, and a 100-year history of fleet know-how and innovation to solve the world’s biggest fleet safety problems.
Our core value is safety. Without safety first, efficiency and productivity are not possible. This is true for our products, our culture, and our relationship with our community. Our vision is to reduce preventable deaths and injuries in and around fleet vehicles with a goal of ZERO accidents.
We are re-defining what safety means for fleets of every type – from school buses to waste collection trucks, firefighting to utility vehicles, police cruisers to delivery vans.
Whether you work in our Charlotte plant to build lifesaving stop arms for school buses, or design advanced camera vision products in our Vancouver office, forge valves and high-quality nozzles to fight fires, or dream up new ways to protect fleet operators in our Corporate HQ in Kansas City, you’ll contribute to our goal to keep everyone safe.
We are a fast-growing manufacturing, service, and technology company with over 1700 employees in over 15 locations across Canada and the US. We’re looking for motivated self-starters with innovative thinking to join our team and help us achieve our growth and performance goals. Sound like you?
Come grow with us! Great career-position with a long term, stable company in El Cajon, CA.
This position is responsible for the set‑up and operates industrial sewing machines to produce completed products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Sets up and operates industrial sewing machines, as well as performs machine maintenance to include: oiling, properly threading, and cleaning machines.
· Prepares materials to be used for each job by laying material out, accurately measuring with a ruler and cutting with material scissors.
· Reports problems or discrepancies to management immediately.
· Prepares materials to be used for each job in accordance with the job order, shop drawings and verbal/written instructions.
· Prepares sewing machine for each job with appropriate thread and by adjusting machine guides and presser foot.
· Moves completed product from worktable to appropriate area by lifting as needed.
· Applies knowledge of industrial sewing to accurately move product around during sewing operation.
· Attaches job order to completed product.
· Adheres to safety guidelines at all times.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read work instructions.
- Basic computer skills.
- Able to read standard and metric rulers.
- Must have the ability to read tape measure, blueprints and schematics.
- Able to work overtime and weekends.
- Manual dexterity
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; Reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and lift up to 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (weather/non-weather)
- PPE is required for this position
At Safe Fleet, you are empowered to build a career that will take you where you want to go. You'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the tools necessary to achieve personal success. We offer a comprehensive compensation package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays, 401K match and much more.
NOTE: Safe Fleet does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry veteran status or any other status protected by law.