Automotive service advisors greet customers, listen to their description of the problems or service needed, determine the type of service required and prepare repair orders. If a vehicle requires additional repairs not covered in the original order, they estimate the additional cost and telephone the customer for permission to do the work. They also advise customers on other available services.
- Advises customers about necessary service for routine maintenance.
- Helps identify a mechanical problem by questioning the customer or doing a visual inspection or road test.
- Confers with customers about inspection results, recommend corrective procedures and prepare work order for needed repairs.
- Prepares a repair order showing time, cost and labor estimates for service.
- Writes a brief description of the customer's concern on the repair order to help the technician locate the problem.
- Explains the work performed and the repair order charges to the customer.
- Handles customer complaints.
- Schedules service appointments.
- Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
- Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner and obtains vehicle information.
- Test drives the vehicle with customer as needed to confirm the problem or refer to test technician.
- Refers to service history, inspects vehicle, and recommends additional needed service.
- Advises customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts.
- Establishes "promised time." Checks with dispatcher, if necessary.
- Obtains customer's signature on repair order; provides customer with a copy.
- Establishes customer's method of payment. Obtains credit approval, if necessary.
- Notifies dispatcher of incoming work.
- Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- Implements and maintains a service marketing program.
- Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Closes repair order as appropriate.
- Ensures that vehicles are parked in assigned areas. Makes sure they are locked and all keys are marked and put away correctly.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction standards.
- Handles telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in process.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Other tasks as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications
- Manufacturer Training
- Valid Driver's License
Benefits (Eligibility dependent upon employment status)
â€¢ Medicalâ€¢ Dentalâ€¢ Visionâ€¢ PTOâ€¢ 401kâ€¢ FSA/ HSA/ HRAâ€¢ Basic Life Insuranceâ€¢ Short Term/ Long Term Disabilityâ€¢ Legal Insuranceâ€¢ Employee Assistance Program
â€¢ Onsite Fit Factoriesâ€¢ Employee Clinics
|Job Title||Service Advisor||Job Category||Sales|
|Location||Littleton, CO||Travel Required||Occssional|
$38,577 - $172,776
(Commission + Bonuses)
|Position Type||Full Time|