Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 130 grocery stores, complete with our own distribution centers and transportation network. We’re proud to operate across 10 states west of the Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners – because we are! We believe, as the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the communities where we operate better by giving them the best possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on the success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest Employee-Owned company in the United States and is #46 on the Forbes.com list of largest privately owned companies. Did you know that WinCo has more than 500 millionaire employee-owners in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)? Once eligible, you can start your journey to ownership with an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each year. (ESOP available at most locations and subject to vesting, check the locations Summary Plan Description).
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the industry, with low cost, high quality medical benefits with rates as low as $35 a month, enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, competitive wages, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, discount program – and even voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance!Overview:
Responsible for implementation, configuration, maintenance, administration and integrity of software tools, utilities and processes used to support IT operations. Serve as a project resource for production implementation and integration. Assist with the implementation and optimization of hardware and software solutions that address operational needs. Consistently provide friendly and engaging customer service to internal and external customers. Perform related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer. Provide exceptional customer service with users by telephone, email, and in person.
- Monitor and maintain the physical and virtual server infrastructure and related applications.
- Administer Active Directory accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment.
- Plan and schedule the installation of hardware, operating systems, and software applications.
- Manage systems resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability.
- Make recommendations to IT management on the purchase of software, tools and utilities.
- Perform configuration, administration and customization of operational software, systems, utilities, and processes.
- Monitor and tune operational software to achieve optimum performance.
- Perform ongoing analysis of daily operations to identify issues and recommend changes to increase operational efficiency and quality of service.
- Assist project management and programming with the installation, upgrade, and maintenance of software implementations.
- Work with IT groups and vendor support personnel for problem resolution and configuration.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose technology problems; repair and replace faulty components; perform periodic testing and preventive maintenance; ensure the regularly scheduled maintenance activities are appropriately performed and logged.
- Monitor the physical and virtual environment to ensure safe and reliable operation and conformance to Service Level Agreements and performance metrics.
- Serve as backup to other Server Administrators and Server Engineers as needed.
- Update and maintain PCI documentation as required
- Performs other projects and duties as needed and assigned.
- Associates degree in a technology related discipline and at least one (1) year working experience as a Systems Administrator OR a High School diploma and at least one industry recognized certification and two (2) years’ experience as a Systems Administrator OR a High School diploma and at least four (4) years’ experience as a Systems Administrator.
- Demonstrating proficiency in IT process analysis methods.
- Demonstrating proficiency in Change management methodologies.
- Demonstrating proficiency in Software installation and methods.
- Demonstrating proficiency in ITIL/ITSM concepts and principles.
- Effectively working with product vendors and support personnel.
- Providing excellent customer service skills, working well with others and demonstrating professionalism and courtesy in all customer interactions.
- Demonstrating basic knowledge of Storage Area Networks (SAN).
- Proficiently managing and maintaining DHCP, DNS, and other network related services.
- Demonstrating proficiency in two (2) or more of the following:
- Veeam backup software
- vCenter virtualization software.
- Creating and managing VMs and server configurations in a VMware environment.
- Symantec Endpoint protection software.
- Exchange 2016.
- Scripting experience with Powershell and Perl.
- Terminal services\RDS.
- Consistently provide world class customer service to internal and external customers.
- Communicate effectively both written and verbal.
- Convey ideas in a logical order and professional manner.
- Analyze and diagnose technical problems
- Multi-task effectively, and maintaining composure in a fast paced IT environment.
- Utilize logical thought processes and maintain attention to detail
- Learn new systems, concepts, and procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of server concepts, principles, maintenance, and operation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of networking concepts, principles, and trouble-shooting.
- Work various shifts as requested and perform “on-call” rotation which may include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Self-motivated and directed with the ability to perform without appreciable direction.
- Lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stand for a prolonged period of time.
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Office machines (computer terminal, copier/scanner, fax machine, telephone etc.).
Preferred Education, Experience and/or Credentials:
- Experience with Microsoft System Center and SCCM
- Experience with SQL clustering and Availability group
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field OR an equivalent combination education, training and experience in addition to experience as a Systems Administrator.
- One or more industry recognized advanced certification, such as: Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), Vendor specific Storage administration certification, VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or ITIL Foundations certificate, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.EEO/Inclusivity:
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity—from our variety of perspectives and wide range of experiences—is essential to our strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.