make $2.13/hr plus tips
Provide promptly, efficient, courteous service to all guests. Service includes greeting, seating, talking and serving orders, taking guest remittance as required, clearing dishes and resetting tables.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These include the following:
- Develop and maintain professional functional working relationships with IHOP employees and guests.
- Execute the "Service Guidelines" per the IHOP SOP to ensure a high – quality guest experience.
- Handle guest complaints in a professional, courteous and timely manner, thank guests, and invite them to return.
- Memorize and apply IHOP terminology, abbreviations, methodologies, and plating and menu knowledge.
- Comply with SOP methods in regard to guest checks and server banking procedures.
- Stock and rotate all needed supplies in the service areas and dining room as assigned per shift.
- Comply with all local and SOP health, sanitation, and safety guidelines.
- Clear, clean, and reset tables and clean chairs, booths, and floors after guests leave.
- Perform all cleaning duties according to posted cleaning charts.
- Comply with IHOP uniform and appearance standards per SOP guidelines.
- Perform other assignments or tasks as assigned by the General Manager, Assistant manager, or acting supervisor.
- Comply with IHop N Go program as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Prior experience or training desired, but may not be required.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to read and speak English well enough to understand guest checks, read instructions, and communicate with guests.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
IHOP training course work as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, and be aware of surroundings; and taste or smell. The employee occasionally must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally is exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.