Be part of an INCLUSIVE, growing company! Our client understands the talent and value the disability community brings to an organization. Join a Retirement Homes team where residents and employees flourish and become extensions of family that recognizes the dignity and worth of each individual.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Must be able to use the English language to satisfy the communications and record keepingrequirements involved in the performance of this job position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must maintain neat, well groomed appearance adhering to dress code of the facility.
- Must satisfy all established licensing and certification requirements applicable to this job position.
- Must be able to safely perform all essential job functions without harm to self or others with orwithout reasonable accommodation.
- Must comply with facility's drug testing and substance abuse program and policies.
- Supervision (Given and Received):
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Sets up assigned work station with all necessary supplies.
- Presents menu to customers, answer questions and makes suggestions regarding food and service,records order, relays order to production area, and serves courses.
- Clears tables, cleans, and resets tables for next meal service.
- Observes guests to fulfill any additional request and to perceive when meal has been completed.
- Assures that menus and resident charge card are given, filled out, and given to the host/hostess.
- May ladle soup, toss salads, portion pies and desserts, brew coffee and perform other services asdetermined by establishment size and practice.
- Follows established cleaning schedule for service areas.
- Replenishes dining room work stations with flatware, dishes, condiments, etc.
- Follows Standard of Operations for food handling and storage:
- May assist with dishwashing responsibilities.
- Complies with all requirements of all Federal, State, and local regulations and guidelinesincluding the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended, and The Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended.
- Cleans assigned areas following established cleaning procedures and schedules.
- Practices a “clean as you go” policy.
- Routinely sweeps and mops work area.
- Follows directions for the safe and sanitary use of cleaning agents.
- Works tactfully and cooperatively with resident, families, visitors, and other staff throughout thefacility.
- Abides by department policies, practices, and standards of care.
- Properly uses and cares for equipment and supplies.
- Follows all safety, security, infection control, universal precautions, and hazardous materialspolicies and procedures. Performs all tasks to assure resident personal safety and the protection of co-workers and facility property.
- *Knows and ensures that all resident rights are maintained at all times. Reports any violations orsuspected deviations according to facility policy.
- Maintains confidentiality of all resident care information.
- Changes work schedule or works overtime on occasion to meet the needs of the facility,
- Comes to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrates dependability and punctuality.
- Assists other staff members as needed within the limits of training and certification.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for information contained in the Employee InformationBooklet.
- Attends staff meetings, in-service classes and committee meetings as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as directed by Associate Director and Director.
- Performance of the job functions involves standing (20%), walking (75%), and sitting (5%).
- Frequent lifting of objects weighing from under 10 up to 50 pounds, and occasional lifting of over 50 pounds. Frequent carrying of objects weighing from under 10 to 25 pounds, and occasional carrying objects weighing from 25 to over 50 pounds.
- Frequently required to twist, stoop, bend, squat, and reach at, above or below shoulder level; and occasionally to kneel, climb ladder and stairs, and walk on uneven ground to perform job functions.
- Occasionally expected to concentrate on moderate detail with some interruption, understand and relate to specific ideas, generally several at a time, and to remember verbal and written tasks/assignments for a few hours during work shift.
- Frequently expected to monitor persons at a distance of 35 feet; read small print on menus, etc.; receive verbal instructions and communicate with residents and employees in situations with some background noise; and occasionally make assessments of food products based on smell.
- Works in a climate controlled building with an average temperature 75 degrees, a high of 90 degrees and a low of 68 degrees.
- Occasionally exposed to grease or oil, dust, chemicals, bodily injuries, burns, and loud or unpleasant noises.
- Microwave, dish machine, coffee maker, can opener, telephone, non-skid shoes.
- Expected to take a leadership role in responding to an emergency situation involving the safety and well-being of residents, other employees and the physical plant, according to instructions and training provided by the facility. This includes the ability to assist with a possible evacuation of residents.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by the supervisor or other management staff.
Source : AllAbility Recruiting