A Server Assistant ensures that all tables are cleared and cleaned quickly and efficiently. The SA keeps in constant communication with the hosts to ensure all tables are sat as quickly as possible.
- Assists guests with any needs.
- Assists servers with bussing and cleaning tables.
- Clears and cleans tables within 30-45 seconds.
- Keeps service area cleaned and stocked.
- Partners with the updater to ensure quick table turns.
- Adheres to core values; passion, partnership, integrity and fun with purpose.
- Understands and effectively utilizes first time guest program.
- The ability to carry a tray and bus bucket.
- Maintains a clean and stocked restroom throughout the shift.
- Assists with cleaning up spills and breakage that may occur during a shift.
- If mucking, assists the dishwashers by properly stacking and sorting all plate ware in dish area as well as assisting with trash.
- Practices safety and sanitation at all times.
- Completes proper opening and closing duties as per unit.
- Maintains proper etiquette with all staff members and guests.
- Exhibits teamwork at all times.
- Maintains proper uniform and hygiene standards at all times.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
Typical restaurant environment