Senior Workplace Strategist - Consulting Studio
NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Massachusetts General Hospital and NYU Langone Health. We create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
Why this role is important to NBBJ:
NBBJ’s Workplace Consulting Team believes that everyone deserves a good day at work. Our team focuses on understanding the people in each organization and creating workplace strategies that enable them to do their best work. Our research-based methodology requires a passion for learning and making connections between the science of human behavior, the impact of space on people, and the organizational needs of our clients.
This role at a glance:
We are seeking a Senior Workplace Strategist to join our Consulting Studio to manage Workplace Strategy projects and engagements, managing projects and client relationships.
Your New Role:
- Provide expertise in managing the engagement process and guiding clients through the workplace strategy and programming phases of a project
- Develop proposals, fees, and schedules while pursuing new projects
- Develop contracts, manage work plans and staffing, manage invoicing, and track project performance
- Lead the work of other team members, providing mentorship and guidance
- Actively engage with our clients and design teams to inform the early design process
- Lead workplace strategy engagements by working with clients day to day and leading on site facilitation or workshops
- Participate in marketing efforts, including developing new clients and participating in presentations
What you will need to Succeed:
- Minimum five to eight years of experience in design thinking and human centered design fields with an emphasis on client interaction and user engagement
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree a plus
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite
- A passion for absorbing information, synthesizing findings, and framing problems for our clients
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and graphic; facilitation and good listening skills are a must
- Excellent client relationship and management skills
- The ability to work in a collaborative team environment while being comfortable with ambiguity and a loose structure
- The ability to travel to, and work with, all of NBBJ’s offices and clients both domestically and internationally