A leading FinTech is looking for a Senior Interaction Designer for web and mobile applications who is passionate about personal finance and thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative working environment.
You’ll join a dedicated team working on building best in class personal finance management software, a web and mobile app that helps people take control of their finances. You’ll work directly with other designers, product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to solve a range of customer problems.
The ideal candidate is a self-directed, multi-disciplinary designer well-grounded in design thinking with strong problem-solving skills. You will be fully immersed in the product development process and own projects end-to-end – from brainstorming to launch. You will design applications that work across platforms and devices. Strong communication skills are vital. You thrive in an environment that values open communication and collaboration. This is an opportunity to work in a design-driven company that values innovation and creativity, while having fun and supporting each other along the way!
About the role and responsibilities:
- Bring a customer-centric design mindset.
- Have deep knowledge and experience designing mobile and web applications.
- Have experience with end-to-end product design processes, from a problem statement and requirements and developing user flows and concepts through user testing and creating refined, final designs.
- Have deep knowledge of design principles, design heuristics, methods and best practices that provide successful visual design across suites of products.
- Be curious and committed to testing new ideas and innovating to drive business results.
- Be an effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator.
- Collaborate effectively with other designers, content strategists, product managers, product developers, marketers, and researchers.
- Participate in, and often lead, customer research with clear goals, a testable hypothesis, and learning plan.
- Enjoy cross-functional collaboration and are comfortable working in a fast-paced company with the ability to manage ambiguity
- 5+ years of experience in interaction, product design, or related field.
- A portfolio demonstrating strong interaction and visual design and how you worked within the larger product design process.
- Excellent communication and writing skills. You must clearly articulate & explain design decisions, brainstorm ideas with groups, and solicit feedback from colleagues of all disciplines.
- Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- You’re a motivated, collaborative teammate who will actively seek new ways to improve the user experience. You love both the ideation and execution process.
- Previously contributed to the creation, evolution, and promotion of visual style guides or design systems for other design and engineering teams.
- Proficiency with personal finance applications such as Quicken, Mint, or other financial applications.
- Proficiency with modern design tools such as Figma and UserTesting.com
- Mastery of design tools such as Figma.
- Passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level and drive business results
All applicants must include a link to your portfolio or samples of recent work.
Location: 100% remote
Job Type: Full Time
Submit resumes to ace@OSIengineering.com