Take Your Environmental Career to the Next Level
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Environmental team is looking for you! From environmental planning, permitting, remediation, and site characterization to chemical data management and hydrogeology, Kleinfelder offers a variety of services designed to provide technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
Step into Your New Role
- United State Fish and Wildlife Service - Biological Assessment,
- National Marine Fisheries Service - Biological Assessment,
- Marine Mammal Protection Act - Biological Assessment,
- United States Army Corps of Engineers - Wetland Delineation
- United States Army Corps of Engineers - Nationwide 404 Permit Application
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife - Incidental Take Permit Application
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife - Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement
- Must be highly motivated to solicit input from various design groups to build project descriptions and refine robust impact analyses during the preparation of environmental documents and for regulatory permit applications.
- Effective problem-solving ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Clear understanding of state and federal regulatory requirements and a robust knowledge of California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) procedures.
- Experience with managing projects from scoping, implementation, staff/budget/schedule management and delivery
- Excellent client communications and ability to understand construction plans and specifications
- Managing and preparing concise, accurate technical documents that meet regulatory requirements and professional standards
- Ability to provide professional presentations.
- Coordination with other project managers and multidisciplinary teams, in addition to developing and monitoring project budgets and schedules
- MS or BS degree in Biology, Forestry, Ecology, Botany and/or an environmental science or policy field required
- 5 - 7 years of regulatory agency permit application preparation and impact analysis
- 3 - 5 years of regulatory agency communication and collaboration
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.