Job Title: Senior Test Engineer
Location: Arlington, Virginia (Ballston area)
Clearance: Secret or Top Secret
Telework: Mondays and Fridays (100% currently)Job Description:
This position shall provide the following support to the Test Team include, but not be limited to the following activities:
- Support various program and T&E working groups.
- Validate Dynamic and Evolving Federal Enterprise Network Defense (DEFEND) program test related documentation and activities to include: Level 1 testing, Level 3 testing, User Acceptance Testing and development of Test cases and plans
- Work with DEFEND portfolio teams, integrators and end users to plan and prepare for all testing activities.
- Provide support to technical meetings, working groups, and technical reviews during test execution.
- Provide detailed notes during test activities to record completed, deferred, time of test case execution and relevant comments that will help closure of the test event and improve testing processes. Provide write up and report of test activities in a timely manner.
- Validate specific DEFEND Requirements Traceability Matrices to ensure compliance with Program Test plans.
- Derive and refine requirements from a higher-level requirement, as part of analyzing user requirements, and translate end-user needs to basic testable functions.
- Assist in coordination of testing activities with CDM PMO, FFRDCs and other Test Authority Organizations.
- Assume the lead test role position during a test event when delegated by the government. This may occur during any point of the test activity.
- Testing will be in an automated fashion, where requirements are translated into scenarios and associated tests (which would be run in a continuous process). Must have a knowledge of functional testing (test UI interactions and ensure that user requirements are met at UI later), integration testing (test API communication, python scripts, and/or custom code), behavior driven testing (review scenarios created by developers). This also includes knowledge of automated testing tool implementation and optimization within a CI/CD pipeline.
- Testers should be able to validate that the test script is written to accurately to portray the test with proper input and associated outcomes.
- Bachelors Degree or 10 years lifecycle engineering or test experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum 8 years experience supporting Testing activities on large programs
Individual must be familiar with automated functional integration, security testing, and behavior driven testing (BDT) utilizing automated tools (Cucumber, Selenium, Junit, Jenkins), and validation of the automated test scripts
- Attributable experience developing or supporting the development of program level test documentaion
- Attributable experience in developing or validating Requirements Traceability Matrices
- 6 years experience participating in Engineering or testing activities
- As a government contractor, Foxhole Technology is subject to Executive Order 14042 – Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. This requires that all employees supporting a government contract be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 unless the employee has an exemption based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Foxhole Technology requires proof of your vaccination as a condition of employment.
Requirements of position: Think analytically, effective verbal and written communication skills, make decisions, observe/remember details, interpret data, concentrate on tasks, adjust to change, handle stress/emotions. Regular attendance, maintain work schedule, attend meetings, meet deadlines, keyboard/type, handle confidential information, use math/calculations, stay organized, operate office equipment, may direct others. Must be able to see, have eye/hand coordination, and lift up to 10 lbs. May be exposed to dust/dirt, humidity, and noise.
Foxhole Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.