TECH SERVICES – SERVICE DESK – SENIOR TECHNICIAN
NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what's next? Join us.
The role at a glance:
NBBJ is seeking an experienced Senior Technician to join our talented Digital Tech Services team. In addition to extensive technical skills our ideal candidate is highly collaborative, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of providing high quality customer service on complex technical issues. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Provide exceptional IT support to internal and external customers, across geographic locations ensuring an overall high level of customer satisfaction on an ongoing basis
• Take ownership of more complex issues and drive for resolution/completion; investigate the root cause and implement improvements to reduce future occurrences.
• Manage technical escalation of issues within the team, with other Digital specialties and with external vendors.
• Ensure service levels for customers are met, identify opportunities for improvements and implement after review and planning
• Test, configure, install, and manage and repair of all IT related equipment (Hardware and Software)
• Use Manage Engine Helpdesk system to create and update incident records
• Respond to all calls and requests within the agreed service level agreements (SLA), and wherever possible exceed agreed SLA’s
• Must be able to participate in rotating, off-hours support schedule
• Provide on-site support outside of normal working hours as required
• Provide user training of NBBJ approved applications and services through direct one on one engagements and office workshops
• Ensure internal customers are kept up to date regarding the status of any outstanding issues they have opened with the IT service desk or any other NBBJ IT team members
• Deliver technology user training through direct one on one engagements and office workshops.
• Communicate status of problems to customers, as per service level agreements
• Follow high severity notification procedures for all severity 1 and 2 problems
• Perform preventative maintenance to ensure all equipment is maintained to a high standard
• Set up video meetings for customers (Teams / Zoom) and assist with in-person meeting set ups
• Willing and able to support multiple end-user platforms: Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Microsoft Office 365
What you will need to Succeed:
• Previous IT experience in midsized to global enterprises
• Strong experience in providing 1st/2nd line IT Support
• Experience as an escalation point for complex technology issues
• Self-Motivated and able to work on own initiative
• Able to manage competing demands, prioritize work & keep stakeholders informed
Additional Accomplishments and Skills that will make you Successful:
• Strong verbal & written communication skills combined with 1st class organizational skills
• Prefer candidates with 5+ years of experience
• Proven customer service experience necessary
• Industry certification (examples include: A+, Network+, Security+, CCENT)
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to form effective relationships with remote team members
• Intermediate knowledge of common network devices: routers, switches, and access points
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory user and policy administration
• Previous experience with SCCM / MECM
• Proven capability of troubleshooting / problem solving in a technical environment
• Strong video conference and presentation support skills