Dole Packaged Foods is a purpose led nutrition and wellness organization that “champions a more equitable world.” A world where everyone has the right to nutrition from the goodness of the earth and we reduce these gaps, one action at a time.
The Sr. Accountant, will be a key member of a strong financial team providing accounting functions at the Atwater location and support for facilities in Michigan and Georgia.
This position will maintain various account records while ensuring that accounting standards are followed and appropriate controls in place. Will provide necessary reporting to corporate and local management along with related written and verbal analysis.
Will work with a fairly complex and sophisticated systems and management environment while being a key part of the local management team.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of financial records in accordance with company policy and GAAP.
- Preparation of journal entries.
- Monitor general ledger activity and complete account reconciliations.
- Monitoring of Capital Expenditures and maintenance of fixed asset records.
- Assist in preparation of requests for expenditure authorization.
- Budgeting, reporting, forecasting analysis for cost centers. Assist cost center managers with explanation of causes and remedy of variances.
- Interface with our shared services payables function to ensure that vendors are paid promptly and correctly.
- Assist in preparation of Cash Forecasts.
- SOX compliance reviews.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience, Knowledge, & Skills You Bring:
- 4+ years’ experience in manufacturing or corporate accounting.
- Experience with SAP highly desired.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Passionate about a purpose driven career
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles.
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management.
Education & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required
- CPA and/or MBA desirable
- Ability to sit and use the computer for extended periods of time; ability to answer phones and use a variety of office equipment; ability to lift 15 pounds and reach overhead.
- May require occasional travel
Employment is contingent upon drug screen, background verification and skills test required for some positions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.