ABOUT SINGULAR GENOMICS
Singular Genomics is inventing at the forefront of genomics, one of the world's fastest-growing industries. Our novel G4 benchtop sequencer is highly versatile and designed to rapidly produce accurate DNA sequencing results. We're actively developing our PX instrument, the world's first integrated single-cell analysis and spatial biology platform. Singular Genomics is committed to unlocking the potential of these core technologies to reshape the future of genomics.
We foster a culture of creativity and technical excellence, both catalysts for innovation. We celebrate diversity, emphasize collaboration and, as we rapidly mature, we are constantly looking at ways we can do better for our people.
Our Headquarters are located on the Torrey Pines Mesa, in La Jolla, California at the center of the biotech hub. Our Manufacturing facility is in Sorrento Valley. This role reports into our Sorrento Valley location.
As a member of the Manufacturing Operations team, the Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for engineering support in the instrument assembly and test department. You will assist in the design and execution of integration and test strategies of complex systems comprised of optical, electrical, mechanical, and fluidic modules and subsystems. You will also design and implement manufacturing processes and procedures to enable successful integration and commercialization of our instruments.
This position is ideally suited to a candidate with strong technical ability who is self-motivated and excited by a startup operations environment where opportunity to rise to frequent and diverse challenges is commonly encountered.
- Support the manufacturing operations team as the Systems Engineer for our instruments.
- Work with the R&D team in designing and implementing QC test solutions in manufacturing to assure products meet specified requirements.
- Troubleshoot and analyze system failures identified in instrument manufacturing and final test, and assure corrections are implemented and effective.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers in R+D to implement fixes.
- Report on system integration progress, test results and the system's functional performance.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure in the Final Test and Instrument Assembly areas.
- Implement and maintain test equipment for the testing of optical, mechanical and fluidics subassemblies. Assure PM and Calibrations schedules are in place.
- Design and utilize electronic data collection systems for statistical and variation analysis.
- BS/MS in Mechanical/Electrical or comparable accredited technical degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in multidisciplinary integration activities. Systems Engineering background and instrument manufacturing final test experience is preferred.
- High degree of proficiency designing and running tests to evaluate the functionality and performance of systems comprised of imaging, illumination, electrical, mechanical, vacuum and fluidic modules and subsystems.
- Experience implementing MES or other electronic data management systems. Familiarity with network communication and data storage.
- Competency with common laboratory instrumentation and data acquisition systems (e.g., DVMs, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power meters, etc.).
- Experience authoring and implementing system validations (e.g., TMV, IOPQ, PFMEA. Utilizing Six Sigma and DOE, etc.).
- Working expertise in Continuous Improvement – Kaizen, standard work, 5S, problem solving, etc.
- This position requires soft skills to be part of a cross functional team, with excellent written & oral communication and presentation/documentation skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
Singular Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Singular Genomics is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can provide their name and contact information to our Accommodations team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible.