Senior Systems Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
Canvas, Inc. is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team! This position supports the SSC and MUOS in San Diego, CA. This position is contingent upon award.
- Conduct systems / system of systems architecture design, testing, implementation, integration, review, and certification activities.
- Conduct data analyses, interpret, and summarize results
- Conduct technical requirements definition / allocation
- Develop technical documentation, to include test plans and reports.
- Works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties identified above independently.
- May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Must have and be able to maintain a TOP SECRET/SCI security clearance
- Experience creating, editing, and reviewing technical materials for Department of Defense (DoD), Navy acquisition program, or related agencies
- Experience developing and editing Extensible Markup Language (XML) technical documents and/or Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) compliant training documentation
- Experience applying regulations and policies affecting publishing of Navy publications; practices, and standards (i.e. Naval Education and Training (NAVEDTRA) Series, MILSTD-29612 Series, and Advanced Distributive Learning (ADL) initiatives)
- Understanding of space operational environment and corresponding mission user needs
- Experience with ACAT I/II level acquisition programs
- Experience in Space Systems Command (SSC) acquisition
- Fluency with Naval Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) organizations
Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science (BA/BS) degree from an accredited college or university
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
Candidate must meet applicable COVID safety requirements and protocols.
Candidate will be subject to random drug testing throughout the lifetime of employment.
Canvas, Inc., a Huntsville based woman-owned small business founded in 2007 provides services to a diverse group of customers in the areas of Test and Evaluation, Engineering Services, Program & Acquisition Management, and Product Integration. Canvas was named the Government Contracting Technology Business of the Year (2018) and Woman-Owned Small Business of the Year (2018) by the Huntsville/Madison Chamber of Commerce.
Canvas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Canvas, Inc. is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. Canvas, Inc. will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Human Resources department at (256) 489-2988 or firstname.lastname@example.org.