Senior Systems Engineer (On-site in Dallas, TX)
Location: Dallas, Texas
Direct-Hire W2 Only
The IT Department at our client’s facility currently manages 1400+ servers and primarily uses Microsoft technology in a fast-paced environment. The IT department supports over 20000 end users providing multiple applications for Ambulatory Surgery centers across the country. WAN connectivity consists of MPLS, SDWAN, and DMVPN connections.
This position will report to the Manager, Hospital Operations, and will play a role in the day-to-day operations of the Systems Engineering Team.
This role will include responsibility for the Level 2 Systems Administration support queue, advanced support for Exchange 2013/O365, Active Directory, and a large Citrix Presentation 7.15 Infrastructure.
This position will be required to participate in after-hours support of the client’s environment.
Key tasks will consist of the following:
- Maintain Security and OS Patch Management level on servers
- Maintain core components of Windows server infrastructure, including WINS, DNS, DHCP, File and Print services, Terminal Services and licensing, and Active Directory.
- Resolution of escalated hardware failures and server outages, including data recovery.
- Manage Anti-virus software upgrade, deployment and maintenance.
- Produce and maintain documentation of the server infrastructure and environment.
- SMTP Email, Anti-Spam, Email encryption and Exchange Server Administration
- Participation, planning, and implementation of a Comprehensive Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plan.
Key Skills Required:
- Microsoft Exchange 2013 – Enterprise level experience with Exchange 2013.
- Microsoft Active Directory – Enterprise level experience with a strong Microsoft background and Enterprise level experience with the Windows Server platform, with large Windows 2016 AD Domains.
- General IT – Data Center operations and monitoring, UPS and power management, Data protection, backup, and restore. HP, Cisco and Dell server hardware builds and administration, strong SAN/NAS management.
- Virtualization – Enterprise level experience in VMware ESXi vSVMware ESXi vSphere and vCenter serverphere and vCenter server. This includes DRS/HA, vMotion, Storage DRS and distributed switches.
- Shows strong leadership abilities ether through past employment or through example within the client’s environment.
- Strong understanding of PowerShell and how this technology can be used to automate daily tasks.
- Citrix Presentation 7.15 server, including deployments, version upgrades, StoreFront and ADC/Netscaler Administration. Knowledge of Citrix Cloud Services, Provisioning Services and Director.
- Printer management and deployment using Printer Log’s Printer Installer
- Advanced understanding of SolarWinds Orion Network Performance Monitoring
Any of the following products and technologies are also beneficial:
- ProofPoint Anti-Spam Firewall and email encryption
- Cylance Protect
- VMware ESXi
- MS SQL Server administration
- HP SIM
- Dell OpenManage
- Rubrik Backups
- LiveVault Backups
- Administration of internal and external DNS for an enterprise with multiple domains, Microsoft WINS, DHCP, File and Print services, SAN/NAS, Web Administration, Digital Certificates, Identity Management, Managing Linux Operating Systems.
Our client’s facility complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.