Peraton is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is in Herndon, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of Peraton’s Department of State (DOS) Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program, for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA). This initiative is modernizing and consolidating the operational environment under a common technology framework to better support the services provided to CAs customers. As part of the modernization program, the Systems Engineer is responsible for a wide range of tasks and associated work products including requirements definition, concept of operations, systems modeling, system interface specifications, estimation, and trade studies.
Day to Day Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the team of Systems Engineers providing overall production and operational support
- Work closely with various cross functional teams to make sure Operations and Maintenance (O&M) related tasks for services in production are up to date
- Provide input in planning and scheduling for upgrade, maintenance of code and infrastructure components in production environment
- Make sure all O&M tickets are assigned properly and handled in timely manner within OLA and SLA
- Keep track of all O&M tasks (including deployments in production) to make sure they are completed as per schedule
- Mentor entire O&M team as required
- Active participation in all Agile Ceremonies as required (including Program Increment planning)
- Assist O&M Manager in Ad-hoc reports generation, data calls and other O&M activities as required
- License management for enterprise platforms
- Provide technical and administrative support as required
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and at least 8-10 years’ experience; or Master's degree and 6-8 years experience or high school diploma/equivalent and 12 years experience.
- Minimum 8 years of experience of hands-on experience in providing production and operational support for COTS and Custom software and Infrastructure components in 24x7 env
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leading team of Systems Engineers and Enterprise Platform (Siebel, Weblogic, Salesforce) Subject Matter experts
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Must have experience in providing production and operational support for Mission Critical Services running on one or more Enterprise platforms such as Siebel, Weblogic, Salesforce
- At least 5 years of experience working on Linux OS
- At least 5 years of experience in at least one DB (Oracle, Siebel, MySQL)
- Experience in providing production and operational support for Services in Cloud
- Experience with DevSecOps and CI/CD tools, e.g., Puppet (FOSS)
- U.S. Citizenship required; must have a Current, Interim Secret (or higher) clearance.
- Experience in ServiceNow
- Experience in Agile tools such as ELM
- Experience working with Confluence
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.For Colorado Residents:Colorado Salary Minimum: $81,000Colorado Salary Maximum: $196,600The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.